WSU VERSUS EVANSVILLE PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU VERSUS EVANSVILLE PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Here's the deal. Evansville will play their hand of 3 purple aces. Balentine, Mockevicius. and Simmons. At their home, this will be a hard combo to beat. Balentine will never be the Shockers Valentine because we smother him on D and he still makes shots. Egidijus is a solid inside force that can really rebound and Blake Simmons can light it up. The Shocks will draw a royal-shock-flush in hearts with ace high and find a way to win this game.. Lately, we have been fouling less and drawing more fouls. Our inside game will be tested some in this game but I like the way we are improving. We also have not been allowing too many team assists by our foes. We really need to buckle down and make a fair share of our throws and take smart shots from the field from the inside out. These are all areas that have made us road warriors, even with 8 new players. Now we take our show on the cold and lonely road. Our starters will all score 11 points or more. as we win by 11.

Black and Yellow----74

Purple----------------63
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Ralph 71,
    Arad 67

Balentine's in for an interesting night.

Comment

1-pm tip time this coming Sat. on Cox FSKC--Channel 34.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I think it was 38 years ago today UE lost their entire basketball team and coaches when their plane crashed soon after take off in route to a game. Both Universities know the forever hurt of a tragedy such as this. May we all be mindful of the emotional hurt Aces fans go through on this day as Shocker fans do on October 2.

Comment

good thoughts, SHOXMVC....

WSU 63 EVANSVILLE 60

Comment

Wow, did not know that ShoxMvc. Thats something I think about from time to time as much as teams fly these days. As for this Saturday, its going to ba a war. I like the fact that Cotton and VanFleet seem to be shooting the ball better, and Carter is staying out of foul trouble more. We need everyone on their game...Shocks 68 - Purple Aces 60.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
              There was a very interesting article on ESPN about that today. Showing that this year may have the fewest average possessions of any season ever. And it shows that the teams that play slow often have success against the teams that play fast.
              Someone on here the other day was talking about this too, I think. (Maybe @Play Angry:?) It also means that worse teams can play with us, though. Playing slow can result in playing down to the competition and keeps the other team in the game until the final few possessions. Even if we could run a team like SIU out of the gym, I think this is a good strategy, though. By the time the tournament rolls around we are going to be one of the best teams in the country at slowing the ball down. In the tournament, there are several teams that we would need to use this strategy against to beat.

Comment

WSU 64
                Evans 61
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

First time I'll get to see us play in person since the UK game. If we play as well as we did in that game, we win by a bunch!

Comment

Comparison from StatSheet

http://
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Shockers - 67
                      Them - 65
                      Go Shocks!

Comment

Anyone hsve a link to barry's post game presser?

Comment

Originally posted by seskridge
                          The size of balentine and mock scares me a bit with the lack of size we have. Carter has to play strong.
                          I agree Carter (and Shaq for that matter) has to play well, but why does Balentine's size scare you at 6-2. I know you know we have a couple of really good defenders (Cotton and Baker) that have guarded guys better than Balentine. He may get his points. The key is having him throw up a lot of shots to get them. Mock is the guy we need to throw fresh flesh at to wear him down. We have the personnel to do it.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion with this thread and SIU. I mistakenly thought there were two Evansville pregame threads. I should not moderate from my mobile while waiting for a meeting to start. My apologies to all.
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I had no idea Blake Simmons was a threat. He looks like a 40 year old YMCA player. Baker will shut him down and Cotton will be all over Balentine. Mock is the guy we have to go at early and often. If we can get him in foul trouble, we'll be ok. I'm sure they think the same about Carter.

Comment

Working...
                              X