Wooden Watch Midseason List - Top 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooden Watch Midseason List - Top 25

The Wooden Award Midseason Top 25 list, which was released Wednesday, features a diverse group of elite college basketball players.
    Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Interesting. No Fred. I guess the pundits have been reading Shockernet.

Comment

A little surprised Baker made it but FVV didn't, although both have had their struggles throughout the season. Both seem to be hot right now though, if FVV can keep up the performances like he did Sunday, he'll be back on that list come the end of season.

Kinda funny that out of the 10 or so high school All-Americans that coach Calipari recruited (probably illegally), only 1 made this midseason list. Not sure what to take from that.

Comment

But where are all the KU burger boys?

Comment

I think the pundits who had FVV as a pre-season AA was expecting his scoring to increase. Since it hasn't, he's fallen off the AA/POY radar.

Comment

They have Baker listed as "RJr." Redshirt junior. I don't think I've ever seen that.

Comment

In basketball, Anthro (unlike football -- e.g., Johnny Manziel and Jameis Winston), guys who voluntarily redshirt usually don't get onto such watch lists. Kelly Olynyk comes to mind as an exception; PJ Couisnard might have received that level of acclaim, too. But it's definitely not the standard college hoops career path.

By the way, RJr. is how Baker is listed on the Goshockers.com roster, too.

Comment

Obviously this list is a fake. How could there be a Shocker on the list and no Redbirds? Because you know more talent 1 -12.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                  Obviously this list is a fake. How could there be a Shocker on the list and no Redbirds? Because you know more talent 1 -12.
                  Thanks for the laugh, that was a good one. Just goes to show how much of a buffoon Drake's coach really is.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                    Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                      Interesting. No Fred. I guess the pundits have been reading Shockernet.
                      From the article:
                      "Players, however, can still be added to the final list, which will be released March 7."

Fred is just now hitting his stride... but the team has to perform up to expectations for either guy to have a chance..
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I might be wrong, but I can kind of see Fred not caring one bit...as long as the wins keep coming.

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                          I might be wrong, but I can kind of see Fred not caring one bit...as long as the wins keep coming.
                          He cares. I guarantee you. Who wouldn't who has aspirations of playing after college? You have to be noticed. But also, I think you are correct. The team's success far outweighs his pursuit of personal hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                            Fred is just now hitting his stride... but the team has to perform up to expectations for either guy to have a chance..
                            I'm hoping you aren't saying the team is currently not performing up to expectations...
                            "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

Originally posted by Spaulding View Post
                              I'm hoping you aren't saying the team is currently not performing up to expectations...
                              Coach has openly said that they aren't performing up to their expectations. Also, you have to separate the 14-2 record, #13 ranking and blahblahblah, from the quality of play on the court. That the former is still good in spite of the latter helps, but lets not let that record fool us into thinking that they're playing flawless basketball. They still have a lot of work to do and it shows.

Comment

Working...
                              X