No announcement yet.

Karl Hess dismissed by ACC...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He also threw mildmannered Tim Miles out of the NCAA game last year with Nebraska/Baylor. Miles had no other techs all year.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      Statsheet says he reffed the NIT championship against Alabama. They don't have him reffing the VCU game.
      You are correct, I pulled up the wrong schedule, but my stats confirm Alabama.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
        Man those pictures are tough to see. I still have never watched the broadcast of the Louisville or kentucky games. There were points in both games that I thought "We got this, I'm going to get to see WSU play in a national championship game." But alas it was not to be...yet.
        Can't watch the Louisville game. Can only watch the first half of the Kentucky game but it's getting more difficult every time.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

The guy must've been great friends with Tim Donaghy.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Cue the ref apologists in 3...2...1...
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

It's a fact of life in our current society that the worst, most incompetent ref in college basketball got fired, not for being the worst, most incompetent ref in college basketball, but for saying something to a powerful person who decided to be offended.

Comment

The lesson here for you younger folks out there is that there are a lot of professions where poor job performance isn't a risk to your employment, but pissing off the wrong person will get you sacked every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Bunch View Post
                  The lesson here for you younger folks out there is that there are a lot of professions where poor job performance isn't a risk to your employment, but pissing off the wrong person will get you sacked every time.
                  See: Bo Pelini
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

From the comments section in the ESPN article...

Wake Forest will be accepting hand written thank you notes from all other ACC Schools, UNC of course, can have an academic adviser write their's.
                    That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Hess has always driven me insane. The ACC's football officiating woes (Ron Cherry ...) are well known, but at least I could explain that away by the importance the ACC places on basketball. Hess being continually employed by easily one of the two best conferences in the game has always pissed me off.

Watch him be picked up somewhere else.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                        Watch him be picked up somewhere else.
                        Moving forward, anyone who utters the above thought needs to immediately sacrifice a goat, in order that the MVC not have an epiphany with regards to ref recruitment.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                          Moving forward, anyone who utters the above thought needs to immediately sacrifice a goat, in order that the MVC not have an epiphany with regards to ref recruitment.
                          Maybe sacrifice ... A zebra!

Comment

The man is legend. http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...angle&id=57409

Comment

Originally posted by Iseeoz View Post
                              Thank you! I read this a long time ago and have tried to find it a couple of different times since to no avail.

Comment

The held ball call was terrible but Hess did his most glorious damage with the phantom double foul call earlier where Baker got mugged and punched in the head. Instead of our best free throw a shooter going to the line for a 1-1, the possession arrow switched to Louisville. The UL run started right then. Without the double foul call, the end of game held ball doesn't kill us.
                                Last edited by Zubcut; January 10, 2015, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X