No announcement yet.

Baker is #2 and Cotton #4 on SC top 10!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baker is #2 and Cotton #4 on SC top 10!

The FVV pass to Cotton for a monster dunk was #4 on espn SC tonight. Followed by Ron Baker's block at #2. The Shockers take 20% of tonight's top 10!

Also they mentioned that Stuart Scott loved doing Wichita State highlights. RIP Stuart!
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Thought TCs would be ahead of bakers

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
        Also they mentioned that Stuart Scott loved doing Wichita State highlights. RIP Stuart!
        That was nice for sure.

I remember Stu calling FVV and Cle his "two favorite names in college basketball".

I tweeted their Twitter-handles to him, and he gave them a nice shout out.
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
          Thought TCs would be ahead of bakers
          To people outside Wichita State seeing a guy like Baker make that type of defensive play is probably rarer than seeing an athlete like Cotton dunk. People just don't realize that Baker is actually tied for 2nd on our team in blocks, that he is a tremendous defender and athlete in his own right. But I'd agree that in the game Cotton's dunk was probably more important, the momentum from that play changed the course of the game from a nailbiter to a relatively safe win.

Comment

Hope I can catch top 10 in the morning... If anyone can post it that wwould be great

Comment

Except ISUr hit a three 5 secs after Cotton's dunk. Didn't exactly change things nail biter to safe victory. It either already was a safe lead, or still plenty of time left. Baker's block was just a hustle play (rare these days in bmajor basketball) that people outside WSU weren't expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                But I'd agree that in the game Cotton's dunk was probably more important, the momentum from that play changed the course of the game from a nailbiter to a relatively safe win.
                I disagree. ISU immediately followed the dunk with a 3. My thoughts were, "oh crap, they are ready to answer". I was actually less confident at that point than I was prior to the dunk.

I can't remember exactly what WSU did next, but I think it was the WSU run following the dunk that really was the key.

I will say that it is possible the dunk woke the crowd up enough so that they were ready to cheer quicker the next time WSU did something good. From that perspective, I guess the dunk was a key play. I just know that the 3 by ISU right after it felt like a gut punch because it seemed to instantly undo much of what the dunk had just created.

Comment

FVV's three was the answer to Knights three which was the answer to Tekeles dunk.

They had no more answers.

Comment

RB's block:

TC's dunk:

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                      Baker's block was just a hustle play (rare these days in bmajor basketball) that people outside WSU weren't expecting.
                      I agree that those outside of WSU weren't expecting his block. After the outlet pass you could see Ron take off and I thought "He will get there" But I didn't know if it would be a clean block or a foul. I thought the way he hit the support and rolled over into a sitting position added to the effect of the block.

Cotton's dunk was monster.
                      On twitter as @WuShocks

Comment

Watch the coaches give Coach Forbes love on the Cotton dunk. According to Suellentrop, he added the play on Saturday before this game.

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
                          Redbird board was screaming for a foul. BS, they don't get any cleaner than that one. (And damn do they hate Baker)
                          They don't understand what those SIU teams in the last decade understood, that the hand is considered part of the ball. At least, that's how I recall the rule at that time. Unless it's changed (or I'm off my rocker, both of which is possible), and assuming Ron did hit Knight's hand, that was not a foul.

Comment

Do they not have a link for the top 10 of the day or weekend? I can't find anything. Just old stuff. Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                              Do they not have a link for the top 10 of the day or weekend? I can't find anything. Just old stuff. Weird.
                              I ran into the same problem. Then decided I'll just watch SC for it.. I managed to probably watch a total of 2+ hours without ever seeing the top 10.

Comment

Working...
                              X