• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
    @AntoineCarr55: @Shaq_Morris good work big man
    Innnnnnteresting.

Comment

• If Shaq continues on this trajectory does he have a shot at Newcomer or Freshman of the year in the Valley? Not sure what the standard or competition is like.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
        If Shaq continues on this trajectory does he have a shot at Newcomer or Freshman of the year in the Valley? Not sure what the standard or competition is like.
        Maybe. I have no idea who the competition is though...
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• I for one am very proud of Shaq 's progress. A player like Shaq has to learn a lot. Learning where your high gear is - is the first step. Bringing that concentration for a full game is th next. Bringing that focus consistently is the third.

A red shirt frosh who can do this is a special player.

I feel like we often call "focus" "effort" and look at it as something someone does or doesn't do. It's easy to see that Shaq has the desire to develop and react to challenges positively esp. After being left home. When Gregg was all over Shaq towards th beginning of the year I was positive that he had big plans fo the guy and wanted him to know that he needed to step up to his potential. HCGM is master-motivator and developer. Hooray! Hope Shaq continues to bring it.

Comment

• Still eating crow...I'm shocked...pun intended

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
              If Shaq continues on this trajectory does he have a shot at Newcomer or Freshman of the year in the Valley? Not sure what the standard or competition is like.
              Not likely for two reasons: unlike POY, team performance has no baring on FOY (Milton Doyle won FOY and NOY last year on last place LUC), and he doesn't get enough minutes to produce stats that are competitive with other Valley freshman.

Here's three freshman that have a better shot at the award than Shaq:

1) Reed Timmer, DU - 30 mpg and 10 PPG
              2) Brenton Scott, ISUb - 30 mpg and 10 PPG
              3) Jordan Caroline, SIU - 24 mpg, 9 PPG and 7 RPG

Shaq is averaging 4.4 and 2.3 in 12 minutes on the season. 7 and 3 in 14 minutes in MVC play.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Under HCGM's system it will probably be very hard for a Shocker to every win FOY and Im ok with that

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                  Under HCGM's system it will probably be very hard for a Shocker to every win FOY and Im ok with that
                  So true. Look for Morris to average 10 and 5 as a sophomore, but as a frosh he's just not going to get the minutes.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Someone back a ways said Shaq was kind of rough with a ball kid(can't remember exactly all of it)...........I'd paint a different picture of him, based on one small slice...last year, due to a last second offer, I was able to take my 7 year old grandson from Edmond to Missouri State game...front row, basket end.He had seen Shaq play the year before at Memorial, as his grandmother on the other side is their librarian and a big fan...when my grandson saw Shaq(dressed and shooting, but obviously not playing)he said"there's Shaq!!" I said, if a ball rolls over, yell"Shaq! Edmond Memorial!" Well, it happened and when my grandson yelled it out, Shaq gave him a great grin of acknowledgement...made his, and my, day.

Comment

• I was impressed with a 2nd half move where he caught the ball low pivoted on his right foot and shot a little fade shot falling back. Nothing but net. The shot had a high arc and was very soft. If he can do this consistently there aren't a lot of big men that can block that shot anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        I was impressed with a 2nd half move where he caught the ball low pivoted on his right foot and shot a little fade shot falling back. Nothing but net. The shot had a high arc and was very soft. If he can do this consistently there aren't a lot of big men that can block that shot anywhere.
                        Agree he had several really nice moves down low. My favorite play was when he set a screen for Baker (?) at the wing closest to the shocker bench then hustled all the way from the wing to the opposite block to collect the offensive rebound and stick back over Enevold. After that play Marshall kind of gave him a look like "who was that bad boy"? It was shades of Carl Hall.
                        Last edited by pie n eye; January 26, 2015, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          Not likely for two reasons: unlike POY, team performance has no baring on FOY (Milton Doyle won FOY and NOY last year on last place LUC), and he doesn't get enough minutes to produce stats that are competitive with other Valley freshman.

Here's three freshman that have a better shot at the award than Shaq:

1) Reed Timmer, DU - 30 mpg and 10 PPG
                          2) Brenton Scott, ISUb - 30 mpg and 10 PPG
                          3) Jordan Caroline, SIU - 24 mpg, 9 PPG and 7 RPG

Shaq is averaging 4.4 and 2.3 in 12 minutes on the season. 7 and 3 in 14 minutes in MVC play.
                          Thanks for the info. He may not get that kind of award this year but if he continues to play well and improve I have a feeling he could be a big part of some really great team accomplishments.

Comment

• It would be interesting to see when the last time a player won FOY on a team that didn't finish in the bottom half of the Valley standings.

Comment

• There was a moment in the second half yesterday, on back-to-back possessions, were:

1) Shaq missed switching on defense in the low block. (3Gs was pissed)
                              2) Shaq came from a long way out for an offensive board and put it back up and in. (3Gs loved that)

After the later happened, HCGM just shook his head and throw his hands up as if to say "how can I be mad?"

I thought it was pretty funny, and goes along with the coming-of-age story for Shaq.
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                It would be interesting to see when the last time a player won FOY on a team that didn't finish in the bottom half of the Valley standings.
                                Doug's Freshman year?
                                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X