No announcement yet.

Shaq??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Shaq guy we are speaking of may just be that equalizer we need against top national competition THIS March.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
      This Shaq guy we are speaking of may just be that equalizer we need against top national competition THIS March.
      We know what a motivated Shaq is capable of. Question still exists as to which Shsq appears each game.

Comment

• Agree with AZ....Shaq is coming on quickly and will be a difference maker this year. With his skills, a focused Shaq in HCGM system who plays with an MTXE attitude helps this team immensely in the post.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          We know what a motivated Shaq is capable of. Question still exists as to which Shsq appears each game.
          I think Shaq has played 5 straight quality games. Definitely a trend.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Shaq's body language is telling an important story.

He looks confident and he knows that he belongs.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
              He did fall away on one in the second half. Normally he goes perfectly vertical with the ball way back over his head. He has nice touch so in the long run that will be a deadly weapon.
              A verry soft touch with such a high trajectory on the shot.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• With the announcement out of Mo State that Marcus Marshall is transferring for greener pastures, I have even more respect for Shaq. I mean, he could have told 3G to eff off and found another program that would have allowed him to contribute on his terms, but he wouldn't reach his potential.

He has been so active on defense during this string of five games, moving his feet, disrupting the lanes, it's been very exciting to watch. Good on the young man for recognizing the power of listening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                  With the announcement out of Mo State that Marcus Marshall is transferring for greener pastures, I have even more respect for Shaq. I mean, he could have told 3G to eff off and found another program that would have allowed him to contribute on his terms, but he wouldn't reach his potential.

He has been so active on defense during this string of five games, moving his feet, disrupting the lanes, it's been very exciting to watch. Good on the young man for recognizing the power of listening.
                  Marshall has good odds of "transferring up." There are about 10 programs in the country that might be considered 'greener pastures' for Shaq, and I doubt any of those would want him if he flamed out for the NCOY.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    I think Shaq has played 5 straight quality games. Definitely a trend.
                    Not so fast. The Bradley game showed Shaq with 2 points and 2 rebounds in 11 minutes with Gregg voicing disappointment in his effort. 4-5 effective games is very promising but Marshall isn't out of the woods yet in having to individual time motivating Shaq. But the games he is motivated show Shaq as effective as any big man in our league. However, if he does pick a road game against a quality team to disappear, it could make the difference between winning and losing.

Comment

• So you think it's important to remind Shaquille of what you think are his limited destinations?

Comment

• I'll just say that I trust Baker to give a top effort every game and I don't feel that way yet with Shaq. I have a feeling that Gregg feels that way too.

Comment

I'll just say that I trust Baker to give a top effort every game and I don't feel that way yet with Shaq. I have a feeling that Gregg feels that way too.
                          And you think Coach needs your help in letting him know that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                            And you think Coach needs your help in letting him know that?
                            No. Gregg will do that just fine. My discussion was with those who thinks he's arrived. I agree that he's trending up but still has more to prove.

Comment

No. Gregg will do that just fine. My discussion was with those who thinks he's arrived. I agree that he's trending up but still has more to prove.
                              I agree. Not only does he have more to prove, but he is still not even close to tapping his full potential. Thankfully, he reacted to being left behind on the Drake trip like a man and not like a petulant child so reaching the full potential seems much more of a possibility now than it did earlier in the season.

Go Shocks! Go Shaq!

Comment

He definitely has more to prove, but everyone has off games, and if Bradley was an off game for Shaq, then I'm okay with that. Yes we need more and consistent production, but freshman disappear at times as do veterans.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X