Rank HCGM's teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
    if that NIT champ team would have made the dance, they would have done some damage. That was really talented and deep bunch
    final four potential.. they would have snuck up on everybody.

Comment

#1...2015-16

Comment

That NIT team was the team of missed opportunities. Screwed by refs against VCU and UConn (even with a loss, what would Michigan State and Washington instead of Viriginia and Chaminade done to our SoS?). Lost tough but respectable road games to good teams in San Diego State and Missouri State. Lost stupid games at home to UNI and SIU, both having no business winning in Wichita. Also lost to Missouri State at home and Indiana State at Arch Madness. If one or two of those regular season losses go differently, then the Shockers would have been in the NCAAs. As it was, they shot themselves in the foot (or put themselves in a position to allow the refs to do it) a couple times too many.
        78-65

Comment

Per KenPom:

2014-15 team finished #10
          2013-14 team finished #5
          2012-13 team finished #17
          2011-12 team finished #13
          2010-11 team finished #25
          Livin the dream

Comment

The above rank has us at an average of 14...11 for the past 4 years, 8 for the last two.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Pretty good run.
              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                Per KenPom:

2014-15 team finished #10
                2013-14 team finished #5
                2012-13 team finished #17
                2011-12 team finished #13
                2010-11 team finished #25
                this stat to me just tells me where the team finished compared to teams across the country. Certain years there are more quality teams than the next so I dont feel this is a good measure to judge which wsu team is better from one year to the next.

this is tough but i value the final four run the most. I would say:

Final four
                undefeated
                team that lost to vcu
                this year
                nit champs

NIT champs had enough talent to be the best. just were too inconsistent.

Comment

This year's squad was the exception of the past 4 years.. With the exception of whatever happened in St. Louis (which isn't unusual) They were consistent mostly all year and showed what happens in the NCAA tournament if teams don't show up and play near perfect the whole game.

Wsu teams that got gimmicked out of the tournament: The Final 4 squad and undefeated squad.

How so: Pitino's group was extremely deep and played perfect.. Calapari's team was a bunch of sky scrapers and played perfect.

Wsu's teams that were inconsistant: NIT champs and VCU victims.

Why: They had talant, it was just blatantly missing certain nights and Shaka Smart took advantage of it both years.
                  Last edited by bleed yellow; April 13, 2015, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X