Zach Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zach Brown

I assume there is a lot of discussion about Mr Brown in the GW thread, but I'm not going to read it, and it looks like his contributions might have some staying power.

Prior to Hawaii, he had played in just 5 of 9 contests and averaged about 6 minutes per and about 2 points per.

In the three Hawaii games (with Wessel sidelined) Zach averaged 9 points and 14 minutes per contest. His percentages (small sample size) are very good and he is now the 5th leading scorer on the team with 5 PPG.

Zach's defense has been good, and he's demonstrated the athleticism necessary to be an excellent slasher as well. I am officially excited about this man's future.
    Livin the dream

Originally posted by wufan View Post
    I assume there is a lot of discussion about Mr Brown in the GW thread, but I'm not going to read it, and it looks like his contributions might have some staying power.

Prior to Hawaii, he had played in just 5 of 9 contests and averaged about 6 minutes per and about 2 points per.

In the three Hawaii games (with Wessel sidelined) Zach averaged 9 points and 14 minutes per contest. His percentages (small sample size) are very good and he is now the 5th leading scorer on the team with 5 PPG.

Zach's defense has been good, and he's demonstrated the athleticism necessary to be an excellent slasher as well. I am officially excited about this man's future.
    Me, too! And here's hoping that future starts in early 2015...

Comment

I liked Zach, before it was popular to like Zach. For awhile, I thought he might be discouraged because he was not playing very much and we ran the risk of losing him. I am glad that I was wrong.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
        I liked Zach, before it was popular to like Zach. For awhile, I thought he might be discouraged because he was not playing very much and we ran the risk of losing him. I am glad that I was wrong.
        Kudos to RDR in his talent evaluation! I liked BWam before it was popular. It's still a lonely club, and I fear it might continue.

As to Zach, I thought he would beat out Wessel and/or Holland as the first guard off the bench. It didn't happen and he sat next to Tevin Glass for 9 games. It looks like the time is nigh, and it is sorely needed.
        Livin the dream

Comment

What I like about Zach is that when given an opportunity, he grabbed it with both hands.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
            What I like about Zach is that when given an opportunity, he grabbed it with both hands.
            I liked that last 3 ball, which he made in the Hawaii game. He was about 3 inches from the Rainbow Warrior bench.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Did Zach play in the 2nd half against GW ? I don't recall seeing him and I refuse to watch that game or read the thread again.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
                Did Zach play in the 2nd half against GW ? I don't recall seeing him and I refuse to watch that game or read the thread again.
                Just the first two minutes then was subbed out. He started the 2nd. However, Cotton had 2 fouls and Marshall usually sits the starter with foul trouble in the second half to avoid an early call. Refs are usually call it tight at the start of the half.
                I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                  I applaud you sir... Because I like the rest thought he was on the going to get the talk at the end of the year... He c really deserves more time... That sunrise time really showed in Hawaii

Comment

Kudos to RDR in his talent evaluation! I liked BWam before it was popular. It's still a lonely club, and I fear it might continue.

As to Zach, I thought he would beat out Wessel and/or Holland as the first guard off the bench. It didn't happen and he sat next to Tevin Glass for 9 games. It looks like the time is nigh, and it is sorely needed.
                    Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                    I'm definitely on the Zach Brown bandwagon! Been excited about him all along, and am happy to finally see him excelling on the court. BWam on the other hand....I'm afraid if he tries to grab opportunity with both hands, it'll ricochet out of bounds. Dude has one of the worst cases of skillet hands I've ever seen. He's a work in progress at the defensive end, and I think he's certainly improving at that end. His offense is nowhere near game-ready. Until it is, I'd be happier only seeing him in extreme situations where we need the rim protected, he's a HUGE liability in any other situation, imo.
                    "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
                    -- Pele

Comment

Originally posted by Perezident View Post
                      I'm definitely on the Zach Brown bandwagon! Been excited about him all along, and am happy to finally see him excelling on the court. BWam on the other hand....I'm afraid if he tries to grab opportunity with both hands, it'll ricochet out of bounds. Dude has one of the worst cases of skillet hands I've ever seen. He's a work in progress at the defensive end, and I think he's certainly improving at that end. His offense is nowhere near game-ready. Until it is, I'd be happier only seeing him in extreme situations where we need the rim protected, he's a HUGE liability in any other situation, imo.
                      Actually, Bush has pretty good hands, and unfortunately he's not a rim protector. He needs to be, and maybe he can be, but he's not right now. Nurger is actually the better shot-blocker, but he needs to get stronger and not go for the pump fake.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Count me in the fan club. Long, tall, can shoot, can handle the ball. Kid has a lot to like. As for his teammate BWam, I don't get it. Why would we recruit a 7 footer that is publicly described as a guy that doesn't really block shots or rebound? Not like he was a known offensive force, doesn't shoot from outside but can set some screens. Waste of a scholly and I'm one who really doesn't like talking bad about current players.

Comment

Actually, Bush has pretty good hands, and unfortunately he's not a rim protector. He needs to be, and maybe he can be, but he's not right now. Nurger is actually the better shot-blocker, but he needs to get stronger and not go for the pump fake.
                          I'm yet to see these "pretty good hands" you speak of. Unless you mean he could be a hand model; in that case I can't weigh in, haven't seen them up close.
                          "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
                          -- Pele

Comment

Originally posted by Perezident View Post
                            I'm yet to see these "pretty good hands" you speak of. Unless you mean he could be a hand model; in that case I can't weigh in, haven't seen them up close.
                            Well, he has three turnovers in 62 minutes and one of those was an offensive foul.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              Count me in the fan club. Long, tall, can shoot, can handle the ball. Kid has a lot to like. As for his teammate BWam, I don't get it. Why would we recruit a 7 footer that is publicly described as a guy that doesn't really block shots or rebound? Not like he was a known offensive force, doesn't shoot from outside but can set some screens. Waste of a scholly and I'm one who really doesn't like talking bad about current players.
                              because that can be taught. The dude learned the game watching pro moves and teaching himself those. Also, he is probably learning the game as much as the system. If the stars align next summer, he could be a threat.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                              X