Fr G Reed Timmer 11.2 ppg

Best 3pt
    Sr F Chris Caird 46%
    Fr G Ore Arogundade 42%
    RSr G Gary Ricks 41%
    SR G Jordan Daniels 40%

Leading Rbd
    So C Jacob Enevold 6.0 (7'-0")

At first glance you see 48% from field, 39% from 3pt and 76% from FT. Not bad, but then you dig a little deeper:

1. Drake gets out-rebounded especially by their opponent on the offensive boards.
    2. They turn ball over 15-16 times game
    3. Drake Assist to TO is 0.8, their opponent 1.3
    4. They allow their opponents to shoot just as well as they do.

Prediction:

Look for rocking atmosphere of 3,800 fans. Should be a 15-20 point road win as long as WSU doesn't allow their shooters to start feeling it and WSU need to find their inside game. Drake does have 7' Jacob Enevold that WSU will have to contend with. He is averaging 8.1 ppg, 6 rbd and almost 1 block per game.

Drake is looking to this as new start on their season after a not so good non-conference. DU Jordan Daniels said he is really looking forward to playing WSU because you don't get to play ranked teams that often.

Can Drake learn the 1-3-1 zone in 5 days?
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
      can Drake learn ANYTHING in 3-5 years?
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Capture.JPG

Comment

Capture.JPG

Comment

Just like in money ball, you don't have to replace the player, you can replace him in the aggregate. And that is what WSU has done (comparison of scoring from 2014 to 2015 season - 75.2 to 74.3)

The following have accounted for 10.5 ppg of Early 16.4

Baker is +3.5
            Carter is +4.0
            Wessel is +3.0

Unfortunately Van Vleet has remained flat, Cotton has regresses slight (probably due to his hand injury).

The contributions of Lufile/Wiggins have not be made up complete. But after Hawaii, you kind of got to think these Brown and Kelly will + more when it is all said and done. Where the rest of Early contribution has been made up is by the additional depth with Nurger (+3.6) and Morris (+3.4).

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
              Drake (5-24)
              Forecast RPI: 291
              Top 100 Competition: 0-11

Best Win: IUPUI
              Home Record: 3-2
              Home attendance avg: 3,085

Leading Scorers

RSr. G Gary Ricks 11.2 ppg
              Fr G Reed Timmer 11.2 ppg

Best 3pt
              Sr F Chris Caird 46%
              Fr G Ore Arogundade 42%
              RSr G Gary Ricks 41%
              SR G Jordan Daniels 40%

Leading Rbd
              So C Jacob Enevold 6.0 (7'-0")

At first glance you see 48% from field, 39% from 3pt and 76% from FT. Not bad, but then you dig a little deeper:

1. Drake gets out-rebounded especially by their opponent on the offensive boards.
              2. They turn ball over 15-16 times game
              3. Drake Assist to TO is 0.8, their opponent 1.3
              4. They allow their opponents to shoot just as well as they do.

Prediction:

Look for rocking atmosphere of 3,800 fans. Should be a 15-20 point road win as long as WSU doesn't allow their shooters to start feeling it and WSU need to find their inside game. Drake does have 7' Jacob Enevold that WSU will have to contend with. He is averaging 8.1 ppg, 6 rbd and almost 1 block per game.

Drake is looking to this as new start on their season after a not so good non-conference. DU Jordan Daniels said he is really looking forward to playing WSU because you don't get to play ranked teams that often.
              Not trying to be a smartass here, but is Drake really 5-24 already? Or is that their predicted finishing record, or just a mistake? Either way, this should be a game WSU can win, even with the freshmen picking up double digit minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                Not trying to be a smartass here, but is Drake really 5-24 already? Or is that their predicted finishing record, or just a mistake? Either way, this should be a game WSU can win, even with the freshmen picking up double digit minutes.
                I would assume a typo, but maybe I have unwittingly predicted their end of season record.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  I would assume a typo, but maybe I have unwittingly predicted their end of season record.
                  Oh, I figured it was a typo, just had to point it out. :) I haven't seen Drake play this season, are they potentially that bad?

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                    They could probably learn the 1-3-1 zone in 5 days, but they would need athletes to actually execute it.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                      Oh, I figured it was a typo, just had to point it out. :) I haven't seen Drake play this season, are they potentially that bad?
                      actually they are 2-9, the 5-24 is their projected record from RPIforecast. I have not seen them play, but their two wins are against RPI 280 teams and they have lost to everything else in what is not ambitious schedule.

Comment

Sounds like it's a good thing we have Drake up next given people may be weary from traveling back from Hawaii and then having to get ready and head to Des Moines to play Wednesday night.

Comment

looks like they have around 2,900 to 3,000 seats left.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                            They could probably learn the 1-3-1 zone in 5 days, but they would need athletes to actually execute it.
                            Good point, 1979. Hey, we could probably assemble five SNers who could take a crash course in how to play GW's 1-3-1 moving, aggressive zone. But the Shocks would still score pretty much every time down court against us.

Everyone in the Valley will try to implement some of what's worked against WSU so far, but it will only help (or might help) if their players can actually do what's required to make it work, and do so against a Shocker team that knows what weaknesses they've revealed so far and will be working hard to remedy them.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                              Good point, 1979. Hey, we could probably assemble five SNers who could take a crash course in how to play GW's 1-3-1 moving, aggressive zone. But the Shocks would still score pretty much every time down court against us.

Everyone in the Valley will try to implement some of what's worked against WSU so far, but it will only help (or might help) if their players can actually do what's required to make it work, and do so against a Shocker team that knows what weaknesses they've revealed so far and will be working hard to remedy them.
                              I think changing up defenses is more effective than learning one that worked for someone else. GW switched often and threw off our timing and cohesion. As someone mentioned; you have to have the athletes to execute it as well. Besides, the more we see of specific defences the better we will execute.

Comment

Working...
                              X