Drake Scouting Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
    I think changing up defenses is more effective than learning one that worked for someone else. GW switched often and threw off our timing and cohesion. As someone mentioned; you have to have the athletes to execute it as well. Besides, the more we see of specific defences the better we will execute.
    Switching defenses probably contributed to using the freshmen (particularly perimeter players) fewer minutes in the second half, as well, simply because they may have never seen some of the defenses before.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

The concern is not about Drake learning the 1-3-1, but what we have learned about negating it.

Comment

GW had a 6'8 player with long arms running the point on their 1-3-1. Does anyone remember Paul Pressey running Tulsa's 1-3-1 zone half court press? It worked well then too.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
          Good point, 1979. Hey, we could probably assemble five SNers who could take a crash course in how to play GW's 1-3-1 moving, aggressive zone. But the Shocks would still score pretty much every time down court against us.

Everyone in the Valley will try to implement some of what's worked against WSU so far, but it will only help (or might help) if their players can actually do what's required to make it work, and do so against a Shocker team that knows what weaknesses they've revealed so far and will be working hard to remedy them.
          Make some jump shots and some or a lot of the zone problems go away.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Drake does play zone defense - no need to learn it. Not sure which one, or how much they do use it. But you can expect they will use it and keep using it until WSU shows they can score against it.

Comment

Working...
            X