Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
    Thanks for the charts. Mucho thanks.

Cle was an outstanding offensive rebounder. I am not sure of the point for removing him from the data.
    Carter-Lufile-Coleby were the "5-man" last year.

This year the 4 and 5 are more interchangeable with Carter and Kelly while Morris and Nurger are mostly the 5 and Wessel playing a bunch of 4.

Maybe the best comparison is Carter-Morris-Nurger vs Carter-Lufile-Coleby at the 5 and
    Kelly-Wessel at the 4 with Early-Wessel at the four last year.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
      Thanks for the charts. Mucho thanks.

Cle was an outstanding offensive rebounder. I am not sure of the point for removing him from the data.
      Like I said in my post, we obviously don't have a player like Cle on the team. I was more interested in how the new post monsters compare to the old post monsters.

Comment

Thanks for this bit of comparison, I've been thinking about trying to do something similar but work got in the way today. I think the more appropriate assessment is that which you describe in your last post which includes Evan at the 4, but the first chart is what I had originally been thinking as well.

Comment

Lufile/Coleby/Carter played ~ 50 mpg last year.

Nurger/Morris/Kelly/Carter play ~ 60 mpg this year. That's about 20% more. In points, the 4 are averaging about 50% more per contest. In rebounds, the four are averaging about 15% more per game.

So, we have no Cle, but the rest of the front court is scoring at a much higher level. We have some work to do on the boards, but aren't far behind.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Through 11 games, it is obvious that statistically there is a considerable dropoff in production from Lufile/Coleby to Nurger/Morris/Wamukota. The difference in shot attempts is glaring. That is perhaps confidence as opposed to ability. Coleby, like Morris, had a year in the system before those 11 games.

FG FGA 3FG FGA FT FTA Off Def Tot PF Pts A TO Blk Stl Min
            Lufile 26 48 0 0 18 24 20 35 55 15 70 0 9 8 5 186
            Coleby 22 43 0 0 7 9 15 20 35 27 51 4 7 8 1 167
            Totals 48 91 0 0 25 33 35 55 90 42 121 4 16 16 6 353
            NURGER, Rauno...... 15 29 4 13 9 14 6 12 18 16 43 4 7 7 2 144
            MORRIS, Shaquille.. 13 26 0 1 11 16 7 14 21 28 37 8 8 3 2 124
            WAMUKOTA, Bush..... 3 9 0 0 7 11 8 13 21 17 13 1 3 1 0 62
            Totals 31 64 4 14 27 41 21 39 60 61 93 13 18 11 4 330
            Difference -17 -27 4 14 2 8 -14 -16 -30 19 -28 9 2 -5 -2 -23
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

Comparing these statistical categories on a per game basis is very misleading. Nurger and Morris have played a lot less than Lufile and Coleby did. Comparing production per minute played would be very interesting!
              "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
              -- Pele

Comment

Originally posted by Perezident View Post
                Comparing these statistical categories on a per game basis is very misleading. Nurger and Morris have played a lot less than Lufile and Coleby did. Comparing production per minute played would be very interesting!
                Coleby/Lifile played 353 minutes to 330 for the current big guys. A didfference of 23 minutes over 11 games...doesn't seem to be too significant, when taken as a group, which was the premise of this particular comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                  Am I the only one to see "big man tracker" and think someone had already started tracking Santa? Lol sorry to throw this off topic.
                  My first thought too. Santa tracker.

Thought maybe was a tracker for possible big men on our radar too.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                    Coleby/Lifile played 353 minutes to 330 for the current big guys. A didfference of 23 minutes over 11 games...doesn't seem to be too significant, when taken as a group, which was the premise of this particular comparison.
                    I'm not sure who "current big guys" includes, but Nurger and Morris have combined for 269 minutes so far. If Coleby/Lufile played 353 over the same span, that's a difference of 84 minutes over 12 games (not sure where you got 11 games, but maybe even more of a disparity if you only looked at 11 vs my 12). It's a misleading comparison when two of the four players have played significantly less minutes. Again, I suspect calculating per minute would reveal this current bunch producing at a much lower level.
                    -- Pele

Comment

Originally posted by Perezident View Post
                      I'm not sure who "current big guys" includes, but Nurger and Morris have combined for 269 minutes so far. If Coleby/Lufile played 353 over the same span, that's a difference of 84 minutes over 12 games (not sure where you got 11 games, but maybe even more of a disparity if you only looked at 11 vs my 12). It's a misleading comparison when two of the four players have played significantly less minutes. Again, I suspect calculating per minute would reveal this current bunch producing at a much lower level.
                      The current guys are the three which I included stats for in my post

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                        The current guys are the three which I included stats for in my post
                        Ok. Thanks for taking the time to do this, I do enjoy seeing this quantitative type analysis.
                        -- Pele

Comment

Working...
                        X