Design Pictures for Koch Arena expansion and Athletics Student Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheYeti
    Just knock it over and build the GreggDome!!
    SHUT YOUR HEATHEN MOUTH!!!! :)

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      His point that I have not been called out for a negative take on the suites is wholly inaccurate.

And what the hell is with you following me around various threads trying to provoke me? Are you a child? Does your wife emasculate you, and SN is your outlet? What's the deal? I'd appreciate it if you could find someone else to follow around and nip at their heels.
      You might have intrigued him on what's really flowing from your rectum if it isn't sunshine laced diarrhea, who knows. Who pissed in your Post Toasties though. You seem very defensive when in general your takes seem non threatening, at least to me. Just sayin.

Comment

As far as I can tell I'm the only one on SN who has been critical at all in reference to these suites, while at the same time I have been called out for having a negative take on these things (do you not read the forum you own?). Both surprise me greatly. Guarantee if you searched out and found a forum dedicated to the design and architecture of large public entertainment venues they would crucify these suites, as they sit in current conceptual form. They are an embarrassment, and as I am rather invested in WSU on any number of levels I'd rather not but humiliated by something associated with my alma mater.

You think KU and CU fans are a PITA now? Beating CKA with an ugly stick will only replenish their ammo box.
        I don't disagree with your point. I think it would look a little strange and off balanced, but then I'm not too imaginative in these matters either.

I'm guessing SN must be filled with guys driving Pontiac Aztecs, Nissan Cubes or Jukes and Lincoln Navigators, who live in homes that have add-on second floors and garages converted to living space, and who find no issue wearing mismatching socks, because I can't for the life of me reconcile how I'm the only one raising the red flag on the aesthetics of these unbalanced suites (as they have been depicted). What we have now in CKA is special as far as school-owned, on-campus barns go. Do we really want to go from that to the alien bastard stepchild in that same segment?
        Just what's wrong with closing off my garage to have my man cave? Pick ups should be left outside anyway. :p

His point that I have not been called out for a negative take on the suites is wholly inaccurate.

And what the hell is with you following me around various threads trying to provoke me? Are you a child? Does your wife emasculate you, and SN is your outlet? What's the deal? I'd appreciate it if you could find someone else to follow around and nip at their heels.
        The second part of this I don't get at all. Nothing like taking a worthy point with merit and making it unworthy with something that has nothing to do with it's merit.

Comment

Folks lately seem to be confusing other posters' disagreement with getting chased by a crowd with pitchforks.

Just because someone attacks your point doesn't mean they're attacking you.

Comment

Well to start with I'd at least make the design symmetrical (half court to half court) as it relates to the existing arena bowl/court. If you are viewing the court as it is shot during TV broadcasts, and you consider the half court line to be 12:00, then these suites as depicted in the conceptuals run from like 10:00 to 12:30. You don't have to be an architecture buff (which I am not) to understand this will look unusual, to put it lightly.
            Maybe you just need to reconsider your perspective and think of Koch Arena as more of a Picasso or Van Gogh than a Da Vinci?

For example, this ...

... or this ...

... instead of this ...

.. but whatever you do, do NOT scroll down if you are an asymmetriphobe (yes, that is an actual phobia).

SHOCKERNETTERS YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED ... DO NOT SCROLL DOWN IF YOU SUFFER FROM ASYMMETRIPHOBIA!!!

And lastly, I'd like to leave you, my fellow Shockernetters, with this one last poem that I just discovered ...

Asymmetriphobia by Jessica Piazza

Here is the torment only the scorned
            heart knows:
            One side withers. The other grows,
            and grows.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

As far as I can tell I'm the only one on SN who has been critical at all in reference to these suites, while at the same time I have been called out for having a negative take on these things (do you not read the forum you own?). Both surprise me greatly. Guarantee if you searched out and found a forum dedicated to the design and architecture of large public entertainment venues they would crucify these suites, as they sit in current conceptual form. They are an embarrassment, and as I am rather invested in WSU on any number of levels I'd rather not but humiliated by something associated with my alma mater.

You think KU and CU fans are a PITA now? Beating CKA with an ugly stick will only replenish their ammo box.
              Nope, I definitely don't read the forum that I own. Stop being a cheese grater.
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                Folks lately seem to be confusing other posters' disagreement with getting chased by a crowd with pitchforks.

Just because someone attacks your point doesn't mean they're attacking you.
                Especially the preemptive defensive posts. It's a little ridiculous.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

So you hated the initial Roundhouse Renaissance, right?

OMG, asymmetry!
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

I'm guessing SN must be filled with guys ... that have ... garages converted to living space ...
                    Whut? I thought all us hillbillies use our garages to make shine? That's just me?

Comment

Honestly I can only fight one battle at a time. What good are symmetrical suites, when they turn every last customer away with a bogus sound meter?

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                        So you hated the initial Roundhouse Renaissance, right?

OMG, asymmetry!
                        Nice try. If it's not clear in my criticism here that I am referring to the aesthetic impacts to the interior arena bowl, then you're not following along... like at all. The RR did nothing to the interior arena bowl, except for essentially giving her a new set of clothes in that regard.

Comment

I'm guessing SN must be filled with guys driving Pontiac Aztecs, Nissan Cubes or Jukes and Lincoln Navigators, who live in homes that have add-on second floors and garages converted to living space, and who find no issue wearing mismatching socks, because I can't for the life of me reconcile how I'm the only one raising the red flag on the aesthetics of these unbalanced suites (as they have been depicted). What we have now in CKA is special as far as school-owned, on-campus barns go. Do we really want to go from that to the alien bastard stepchild in that same segment?
                          I think you may be blowing this out of proportion a little (pun); the Rose garden er...Moda Center where I see the Trailblazers play has suites at the top of one corner; it doesn't look aesthetically "off" at all. Done right, it'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Whut? I thought all us hillbillies use our garages to make shine? That's just me?
                            No that's just you westsiders. Why else do all you guys need those 3 car, 1500 SF garages attached to homes that themselves only have 1000 SF above-grade?

It is an inside joke folks. Take it easy.

Comment

My Dad once told me . . .

"Not everything in life is going to be perfectly symmetrical. So, get over it!"
                              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                                I think you may be blowing this out of proportion a little (pun); the Rose garden er...Moda Center where I see the Trailblazers play has suites at the top of one corner; it doesn't look aesthetically "off" at all. Done right, it'll be fine.
                                I'm not sure what you were talking about, and for that matter I have no knowledge of that arena, so I had to do some google image searches. That said, I think it is possibly a little bit of a stretch to draw analogies between an architecturally busy, modern, large, multi-concourse arena, with CKA, which is itself a very basic, almost 100% balanced design. The Moda Center can absorb an oddball here and there because there are so many other things going on architecturally to draw your eye, but at CKA there's nothing but a bowl and a court.

Comment

Working...
                                X