wsu 24
      aces 20
      cooz having a good game

Comment

Crowd not bad for the bottom two teams
        32 to 24 at the half

go shox

Comment

u should come down here where the real view is.
          "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
          CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

game on!

Comment

cooz's night after a no look behind the back pass assist from gal.

38 to 26

phil done for the night

Comment

wp is playing like he wants to play next year

50 to 42

pj got raped and we got no call :( srsly, he was mounted

Comment

cooz career high 23

57 to 51

Comment

Lance to durley Smash!
                    61 to 51

phil has a look in his eyes that screams I want in

Comment

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
                      u should come down here where the real view is.
                      If by that comment you are saying that from your vantage point the crowd doesn't look so hot, maybe you should turn around and look behind you in the STUDENT SECTION and see how many empty seats your fellow students have left.

Comment

Those GA seats have been for sale for quite a while, and neither his FELLOW STUDENTS, or my FELLOW NON-STUDENTS filled them.

Hush already about the "Student Section"

Student Section, hush about the "Rest of us"

Everybody...

CELEBRATE A DAMN FINE WIN!!!

Comment

As sad as it is that the student section isn't filled, 2 things make me feel ok about it.

First of all, the future is bright, and I have absolutely no doubt that that section will once again be filled to capacity in support of the Shocks.

Secondly, while it sucks that it's not full, I have been the benefactor of lots of low cost (or even free--my wife's a student) tickets this season. In fact, I've only had to miss 2 home games. I'm not sure I would've been able to pull that one off if we had a full student section every game.

However, like I said, the future is bright. My wife is graduating, so I've got to go back to getting tickets on the marketplace, which I will gladly do next season.

Overall, I was pleased with the crowd. It's been a tough season, but about the same 9000-9500 fans have consistently supported a losing team. That's about 4,000-6,000 more than most Valley schools can ever get, even when their team is successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                            Those GA seats have been for sale for quite a while, and neither his FELLOW STUDENTS, or my FELLOW NON-STUDENTS filled them.

Everybody...

Since this was the last home game, I'm finally going to have MY say on this and then I will "hush" as you suggest.

All season long Rip has "ripped" into the coporate seat holders and the fact that many of those go without warm bodies in them. There is a point there and I agree with Rip that they should be filled. I won't even go into all his comments (and those of his buddy) about how "old" the crowd is and the different ways our fans have of enjoying a game (i.e., standing vs. sitting during the game, not screaming with unbounded enthusiasm after every basket, etc.)

The difference I see in those corporate seats going empty and the student section going empty is the price of the ticket. Those "corporate" types pay large dollars for those seats -- the students get them for nothing (and please let's not go into Rip's old point about the cost of tuition and that the student ticket is thrown in as a perk, etc., etc., etc.). It still does not cost the student anything to show up. We all can just hope that next year the product on the floor will be enticing enough that the corporate seats have warm bodies in them and the students' apathy of this year is a thing of the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
                              Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown

Everybody...

The difference I see in those corporate seats going empty and the student section going empty is the price of the ticket. Those "corporate" types pay large dollars for those seats -- the students get them for nothing (and please let's not go into Rip's old point about the cost of tuition and that the student ticket is thrown in as a perk, etc., etc., etc.). It still does not cost the student anything to show up.
                              While by far not the most ridiculous thing that has been said here, it is still very uninformed. Others know the details better than I, but the student tickets are repayment for a very large amount of money the athletic dept. borrowed from their fees. A fair trade in my opinion, especially for those students who take advantage of the tickets. While there is no excuse for the GA section to be empty, saying that those tickets do not cost anything is idiotic.

As far as the "corporate" types paying large dollars for their seats, the guy with a blue collar in row 32 pays large dollars for his seats as well and I guarantee you he is in his seats, screaming his head off, far more than any fat wallet corporate chump.
                              That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Working...
                              X