Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Students need gasoline too.

No game is truly free.

Most WSU students do not live on campus, so we have to travel to the games. Also, remember how packed it was during Christmas break? Yeah. It's a weak excuse, but some people use homework to justify not going. Some people have classes or work during game times.

I'm done with this topic. If I'm not, I'll just get in trouble.
    Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
    Students > Alumni
    If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
    The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

I'm in row 31, yelling my ass off, but obviously, you have no concept of the term, "large dollars"

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
        I'm in row 31, yelling my ass off, but obviously, you have no concept of the term, "large dollars"
        Pin, I'm not certain if that was directed to me or not (so if it was please PM me so I can get your point clearly), but I too, am in Row 31 and have been since Koch Arena opened. My point was that Rip usually complained about the corporate seats going empty (and I agreed with his piont). I'm just not letting the students off scott free. But there is next year (which I and the whole of ShockerNation is looking forward to) and I'm done with this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
          Pin, I'm not certain if that was directed to me or not (so if it was please PM me so I can get your point clearly), but I too, am in Row 31 and have been since Koch Arena opened. My point was that Rip usually complained about the corporate seats going empty (and I agreed with his piont). I'm just not letting the students off scott free. But there is next year (which I and the whole of ShockerNation is looking forward to) and I'm done with this topic.
          Shox, I agree with you 100%. The students should not be let off the hook for not attending the games. They paid for the tickets already, why not go!

As far as Pinstripers comment, if that was directed toward me, my response would be that what is considered "large" amounts of money will vary from one family / individual to another depending on their own personal financial situation. I know a few people who it would probably be in their best interests financially not to purchase season tickets, but they love the Shockers...end of story!
          That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Why are guys complaining about Rip or any other students that are there every game, you guys should be ripping on every one else that dont show up and that includes the corps and other students.
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
              Why are guys complaining about Rip or any other students that are there every game, you guys should be ripping on every one else that dont show up and that includes the corps and other students.
              Don't worry, I hate everyone.

Comment

Yeah, that was for you rz. The program does not run on what YOU think is big bucks, it runs on what Shaus thinks is big bucks. Sad fact, but a fact nonetheless.

Comment

I would guess it's because Rip and some others always seem to make excuses for the no show students
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Yeah, that was for you rz. The program does not run on what YOU think is big bucks, it runs on what Shaus thinks is big bucks. Sad fact, but a fact nonetheless.
                    Just like Schaus determines who is a good coach (e.g. Jane) and we should just be quiet and accept it? That kind of "what Shaus thinks" issue?

I understand that Gene is not so happy that the indoor practice facility is taking so long to get funded. (BTW: This is third or fourth hand information; please correct me if you think my characterization is incorrect.) Schaus can raise $750,000 per year plus charter plane travel plus ... for basketball but can't find more big donors for baseball. (This part isn't even third or fourth hand; I'm just guessing why Gene might be unhappy if he is actually unhappy with the pace of fund raising.) Everything I wrote in this paragraph might be wrong ... but I think it is right. :D I'm just saying the nobody, including Jim Schaus, is perfect and I suspect that JS appreciates the funding WSU receives in big chunks from big donors and in small chunks from individual fans.

Why even post if I'm not sure? After all, every other post on SN is the gospel truth - Right? ;-) Well, I do get offended by the tone; I think most of us can read a budget and understand that WSU sports takes a lot of money. However, if there was no fan interest in WSU sports, do you think corporate sponsors would continue to support the Shocks? The sponsors get something out of the deal too; they get "free" publicity and a positive association with a popular team. To imply that the fans don't really matter or that the "big donors" are the only ones who matter offends me.
                    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I think were arguing the same point. I was just looking at it from the perspective of the individual fan writing a check for his/her season tix. No doubt the program runs on the budget set by JS.
                      That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                        I would guess it's because Rip and some others always seem to make excuses for the no show students
                        :good: :yes: :clap:

Sub once again comes in to save the day. Spot-on analysis as always.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

SF, serious question, im not really trying to start an arguement, but why do you hate on the students so much?
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

SF, serious question, im not really trying to start an arguement, but why do you hate on the students so much?
                            That's the funny thing. I'm in my mid-20's so if you thought there was an age disparity, you were wrong.

Why does Rip and Nasty Fasty-bow hate the non-students so much? They were the ones who started in on the non-student crowd. I'm just finishing it. I have no hate for the students. What they do is bring atmosphere to the arena, which is great and appreciated.

But the hypocritical nature of a couple of students, mentioned above, doesn't represent them well. I know they don't represent the whole student body at large, but just their own less-than-keen selves.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You seem to act as if the students are just lazy bums when they don't fill their seats. I just provide reasons why the seats might not be filled based on the excuses I am given when I invite my friends to games.

Personally, I've said things here I regret, and I'd like to apologize for them. It doesn't reflect well on us as a fanbase when we fight amongst ourselves like this. I'd like to put this argument behind us...
                              Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                              Students > Alumni
                              If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                              The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Fair enough.

We'll agree to disagree.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X