WSU VERSUS ALABAMA PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU VERSUS ALABAMA PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Here's the deal. FSF was born at a very early age as a Shocker fan. The past 5 Seasons though has been a blessing that just keeps on giving. Just think. We just got a win at Dick Vitale's old home and now he comes to 21st and Hillside to announce our game at our home. I want to hear him sing "If I can't have Shocker basketball, I don't want no other team baybay." Getting a win here for our foes is liking trying to find a parking spot at the Nifty Nut House during the Holiday Season. Bama does return some key players and picked up some transfers that will contribute. Even so, we shant let our guard down but D up like sharks at high tide. In the Detroit win, we had a great start and a sold finish. However, in between those moments, Detroit had a 10 point surpass which elevated my blood pressure to a mild roar. Look for us to play a more complete game. It made me cheery when Mr. Carter started rebounding like a windex salesman, made a 3 like he was Larry Bird, dunked a ball with a hat trick as it bounced off his own head, and took us on his shoulders like a rented mule and carried us to the win.

Keep in mind that this is an 8-p.m. game start and set your DVR's to ESPN2.

Sweet Home 21st and Hillside------------77

You better get a T.O. baybay-------------59
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; December 13, 2014, 02:59 PM.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

WSU 77
    Alabama 68
    Who am I to argue with a streak
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Comparison from StatSheet

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

As we approach the Bama game, we are grateful for still another National covered game. With Dick Vitale coming, it is icing on the cake. It appears we have at least 16-17 of these type covered games that brings great attention to our Program which in return enhances our recruiting. It is obvious now that players can come here and not only play but also understand that player development prevails here.

The fact that this young team was able to overcome a 10 point deficit in the 2nd half is a huge plus. Baker played 37 minutes, FVV 37, and Cotton 34. When the dust cleared, we had 7 more rebounds, only 10 turnovers, and 9 steals. These team stats really help on the cold and lonely road. Guess what? While we only shot 64% on throws, we shot 25 total to their 10 and made 9 more total. We settled down at the end of the game and started making more throws and I still think we will get our team % up to 70% as the Season progresses. However, I really do like our chances when we play solid defense without fouling too much.

Not only is Kelly improving in leaps and bounds on his game, he is quite a rebounder, scored 9 points yesterday, and had 2 steals. He is confident and the sky is the limit. While FVV is still not shooting the ball like he will, he still dished out 7 of our teams 13 assists with 2 turnovers. Teams only dream of having FVV, Baker, and Cotton. When you consider what they do on both sides of the hardwood, you then understand why we are so successful.

I am hoping in this Alabama game, we continue to develop our depth. The announcer yesterday did not think our depth is as good as last Season. Hold that thought because we lost all our bigs except Carter so he may have a valid point at this juncture. However, we have a long way to go and have established 10 players that all played yesterday that will just keep improving through this journey to March and April. With 8 new players, our team upside will improve to the point that we long for it to peak in March and April when it counts the most. We may not lose any more Non-Con games which will look cheery on our resume'. Even so, Coach Marshall will make sure we take each and every game we play very seriously. Yesterday, we had to counter-punch the runs that Detroit had and never threw out the white flag or folded up our tent as many other teams would have done.

Comment

Phil Mendelson 73,
          Wimp Sanderson 68

I don't love the way we match up against the Tide.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
            Phil Mendelson 73,
            Wimp Sanderson 68

I don't love the way we match up against the Tide.
            Was it not Wimp that called in the locker-room show after a game when we defeated Bama in the Cohen days? If I recall correctly, in that game and the Oklahoma State win, Robert George outplayed some really good guards that both teams had that Season. This goes so far back but it is the way I remember it. I just wished that Skip Nickerson and Hutton would have been here to compliment George, Coop and Guff. We needed them. No, we really needed them!!!!!!!

Comment

I predict a W. The real prediction? Which of the freshman has the biggest game?
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Against big bodies like Bama, I'm going to guess we see a lot of Shaq Morris.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                  I predict a W. The real prediction? Which of the freshman has the biggest game?
                  I think it's going to start being Rashard fairly regularly.

Comment

After the last two games I'm all for a nice relaxing blowout.

Shocks by 19+.

Comment

When did Alabama learn how to score?

Comment

Sounds like Bama's frontline is big and physical, if so, just what we need to play
                        against to get some valuable experience for our freshmen big fellows. Shox by 13.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                          I am hoping in this Alabama game, we continue to develop our depth. The announcer yesterday did not think our depth is as good as last Season.
                          I heard that as well but IIRC, at this point last season, 3G was still experimenting with the 3-headed monster as none of them seemed to want to take the starting position or play a majority of the minutes. In fact, I think we were well into Valley play before the front court situation was really settled. This tougher schedule has given HCGM plenty of film to show his young bench just where their faults lie and that film (and of course, the competition) is probably a big reason why Kelly is developing right before our eyes.

This will be another close one but Shox prevail 75-66.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                            After the last two games I'm all for a nice relaxing blowout.

Shocks by 19+.
                            That would be nice, but I am not sure this is the game for that to happen. We will definitely need to play better than we did at Detroit. Alabama is a team very capable of giving us a strong challenge IMO.

They have good size. Alabama's Roster

They are 6-2 with a current RPI of 32.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 15, 2014, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Kind of a close game...69-61 Shockers...

Comment

Working...
                              X