No announcement yet.

Potential Implosion of Big 12 and Its Impact on Shocker Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't you have to call the bank shot 3-pointers? Yikes!!!
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
      To me, that showed why K-State didn't belong in a BCS game. Even if you get absolutely screwed like that, you make your point to show that you were screwed by going out and blasting Purdue. K-State losing that game only reinforced the notion that they didn't deserve a BCS spot.
      It happens to the best of teams. Alabama was clearly better than Oklahoma last year. Plenty of good teams get pissy when they don't get the bowl they want.

The mental aspect of football is pretty important. Lots of good teams end up losing games they shouldn't because they had motivation, and then lost it (bowl game they thought they were better than, barely missing out on a conference championship game, losing to a rival, putting too much emphasis on one game in general and losing, etc.).
      Originally posted by BleacherReport
      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
        I'm not saying they bring it or don't bring it, I've never heard either way. I also haven't heard a single example of KS TATE getting the shaft. Not getting a bowl game in an age where bowl games were handed out by old guys in bad ties and sport coats, isn't getting the shaft. In those days, the at large invites were as much a product of what fans will show up and spend money in the city, as much as they were about the best team. Traditional winners generally had bigger bandwagons and therefore got more prestigious invites. My guess is this so called screw job happened close to K-State's emergence as a quality team. If that's the case, you can't blame the bowl officials for hedging against a relative unknown, with a small stadium in a tiny city.

I've never heard of any new bowl rules referred to as a the K-State rule. Outside of Kansas, I bet few have. In contrast, just about everyone is familiar with the Notre Dame rule.
        You're wrong, let it go.

The Notre Dame rule is entirely different, because it's a rule that specifically exists for ND. The K-State rule was simply a BCS rule in general, not one specifically made for K-State to benefit from.
        Originally posted by BleacherReport
        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerMas View Post
          Although I think this topic would be better served in Around the NCAA or combined with the other giant realignment thread
          I have taken your advice and started a relevant thread in the Around the NCAA forum. I trust posters will find it informative and will provide feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
            They did, but they were understandably unmotivated considering the shafting they had received from the BCS bowls. Also, I think it had just been announced to the team that Stoops and Venebles were leaving which I think added to the lack of motivation for the game.
            All that and a guy named Drew Brees.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
            X