No announcement yet.

WSU versus Seton Hall Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt this will happen...but it would be nice if Seton Hall somehow cracked the Top-25 tomorrow. They are 7-0 but yes they haven't beaten anybody (yet). In the past we've all seen the ESPN $$$'s and influence get teams ranked rather quickly when a similar match-up like this game airs on their (ESPN) network....but SH is probably a bit too far down in the "others receiving votes" to get up there this week. Crossing fingers....
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
      I like Seton Hall, but let's show the Pirates the plank and let them walk it.
      How dare they continue to use a Pirate as a mascot. That's offensive to all Somali pirates. Arrr!
      Last edited by WstateU; December 7, 2014, 05:31 PM.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Shox - 77
        Pirates - 66
        Go Shocks!

Comment

Blackbeards Delight 56
          Lt. Wu Shock Maynerd 75
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Black Bart 58
            Admiral Windwagon Smith 77

Comment

Since we lost at Utah this game becomes even more important from a quality win perspective. Plus you have to protect home court. It will be a challenge, but I see the Shox winning this one.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I did catch some of the Seton Hall - Rutgers game and Seton Hall looked pretty stout but Rutgers really looked overmatched physically and were taking some quick shots and couldn't buy a bucket. Granted, Seton Hall was playing some good D. We need to play good and follow up on Saturdays destruction of St.Louis. I don't think it will be that lop-sided, but the Shocks prevail 70-62. Darius needs to be on the floor at least 25 min. Plus the young bigs need to as a whole, need to shore up the frontline. Were starting to find our grove from the 3-point line, shooting around 45% since our 1-18 start. Need to be focused, and I think we will, and CKA needs to be rockin, should be a fun one.

Comment

I feel for Darius playing the 5 spot at 6'-7". Hard to get on him for committing fouls since he's playing out of position. Come on YOUNG GUNS!!!! Step it up a notch and get that experience under your belt like QUICK!!! We need one of yous to play the 5 so we can move Darius back to the 4 so he can GO TO WORK!!!!!!!
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                    I feel for Darius playing the 5 spot at 6'-7". Hard to get on him for committing fouls since he's playing out of position. Come on YOUNG GUNS!!!! Step it up a notch and get that experience under your belt like QUICK!!! We need one of yous to play the 5 so we can move Darius back to the 4 so he can GO TO WORK!!!!!!!
                    I was just thinking it might be nice to start Nurger or Shaq at center, then after a few minutes bring in Wessel for one of them. This would allow Carter to get into rhythm without having to defend the opposing center right away, thus avoiding that cheap early foul.
                    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

I think this one will be a bit closer than some may think. Seton Hall plays some decent defense and I think that will be a stern test for our boys. I know 3G and his team won't be under-prepared for this game and I think it'll be one of the better games at CKA this season. Fans better bring it tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                        I'm not sure what your criteria is for height for a 5 man but with Darius' 7'1 wing span, he is at least the equivalent of a 6'8 or 6'9 five man. A lot of the fouls I see Darius get has to do with how he moves his feet. Last year we were spoiled because we had 3 quality 5 men and Shadrack had great feet and speed to play defense. The hedge and drawing the charge has gotten Darius into trouble.

Comment

One other thing. St. Louis had lesser fives than WSU and Darius.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            I'm not sure what your criteria is for height for a 5 man but with Darius' 7'1 wing span, he is at least the equivalent of a 6'8 or 6'9 five man. A lot of the fouls I see Darius get has to do with how he moves his feet. Last year we were spoiled because we had 3 quality 5 men and Shadrack had great feet and speed to play defense. The hedge and drawing the charge has gotten Darius into trouble.
                            Last year, the 5 spot was a big question mark coming into the season. Darius was a 1st year Juco, Lufile did nothing his junior year and Coleby was also new, but the one we all thought was going to be the guy. We just got lucky that they all were "good enough" to rotate in and out and had lots of fouls to give. Darius came on later and Lufile made huge strides. None of the 3 really ever dominated and we didn't need them to. I feel like we're in a similar situation now if we rotated Nurger, Shaq and Wamukota. Slide Darius over to the 4 and he probably wouldn't foul as much. It would give us more size underneath and give us the luxury of bringing in Evan at the 3 or 4, wherever he is needed most.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              Last year, the 5 spot was a big question mark coming into the season. Darius was a 1st year Juco, Lufile did nothing his junior year and Coleby was also new, but the one we all thought was going to be the guy. We just got lucky that they all were "good enough" to rotate in and out and had lots of fouls to give. Darius came on later and Lufile made huge strides. None of the 3 really ever dominated and we didn't need them to. I feel like we're in a similar situation now if we rotated Nurger, Shaq and Wamukota. Slide Darius over to the 4 and he probably wouldn't foul as much. It would give us more size underneath and give us the luxury of bringing in Evan at the 3 or 4, wherever he is needed most.
                              I agree with you. If Nurger can build on what he learned in Utah and saw how that worked Saturday, one of those 5 spots should be his to lose. Bush may be more effective against lesser talent (like we'll see in the Valley) but unless he really picks up his physical play and positioning, he's not going to be too effective come March. Shaq seems to have spurts where he plays really well and I suppose that's the frosh in him. So I think the reality is that we'll see Nurger and Shaq spend the most time at the 5 this season with DC rolling over at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                Give some reasons why Darius would foul less at the 4 because height hasn't been one of them. He doesn't move his feet fast enough and is caught giving them his hip on charges and hedges. He had the same problem last year. However I have no problem with Nurger and Shaq. I'm not sure about Bush W. though. He's not been very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X