WSU versus Seton Hall Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU versus Seton Hall Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. The Pirates are coming! The Pirates of the Mighty Big Bad Big East are invading

us at 21st and Hillside and they are undefeated. Isaiah Whitehead is indeed a player. Keep in mind

this is a 6-p.m. tip-off so you shant forget to set your DVR'S this coming Tuesday to ESPN2. We really need to take

great care of winning our Non-Con games. While Seton Hall has a tough team with solid guards

and bigs' and an athletic team, this is our House Of Shock and the Pirates must go down with their

ship. We will win with our De-Fence and sink them for their first loss.

Shockers 70

Pirates 59
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comparison from StatSheet

Much closer than I expected these to be
    http://
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Going to be another tough game! Looking forward to it!!
      Livin the dream

Comment

This should be a really fun game against a young team that is further along than most expected at this point.

Eddie Fogler 86,
        PJ Carlesimo 75

Comment

WSU 76
          SHU 68
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I like Seton Hall, but let's show the Pirates the plank and let them walk it.

Comment

I know that I should be scared of this game and all, but I just have a good feeling we are going to put them in their place. Seton Hall has not played a road game. They beat Nevada by 8 and ILL St by 4 when at neutral locations. Their scores look strong at home and not so strong on neutral courts. Their first loss will be their first road game :)

WSU - 79
              Seton Hall - 60

Comment

Whitehead is a legit freshman. They have some shooters. I don't think they've seen a defense yet, but they're gonna be a factor come at-large discussion time.

This is a pretty big game. We need a quality win. This would be one. National TV (not FS1 though), (don't forget it's at 6:00), students better bring it, other fans better bring it. Needs to be a showcase, statement game.

Seton Hall 68
                #8 Wichita State 75
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I don't think the SLU beat down quenched the thirst of the frustrating Utah loss. Expect the team to be fired up still.

Carter post a double-double, and we win:

Seton Hall 55
                  Wichita State 72

Comment

Player Stats - Scoring
                    No Player GP PPG FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PTM 3PTA 3PT%
                    4 Sterling Gibbs 7 17.3 36 73 49.3 33 37 89.2 16 30 53.3
                    15 Isaiah Whitehead 7 12.6 30 75 40 19 25 76 9 26 34.6
                    2 Brandon Mobley 7 10.1 26 55 47.3 11 15 73.3 8 19 42.1
                    31 Angel Delgado 7 8.6 26 46 56.5 8 28 28.6 - - -
                    30 Jaren Sina 7 8.1 17 38 44.7 10 12 83.3 13 30 43.3
                    0 Khadeen Carrington 7 6.7 20 44 45.5 4 10 40 3 6 50
                    20 Desi Rodriguez 7 5.4 14 23 60.9 10 19 52.6 - 1

Schedule

Seton Hall BB Forum: https://setonhall.rivals.com/forum.a...id=652&style=2

Shox 81
                    Arrrghh 61

Comment

Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
                      Player Stats - Scoring
                      No Player GP PPG FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PTM 3PTA 3PT%
                      4 Sterling Gibbs 7 17.3 36 73 49.3 33 37 89.2 16 30 53.3
                      15 Isaiah Whitehead 7 12.6 30 75 40 19 25 76 9 26 34.6
                      2 Brandon Mobley 7 10.1 26 55 47.3 11 15 73.3 8 19 42.1
                      31 Angel Delgado 7 8.6 26 46 56.5 8 28 28.6 - - -
                      30 Jaren Sina 7 8.1 17 38 44.7 10 12 83.3 13 30 43.3
                      0 Khadeen Carrington 7 6.7 20 44 45.5 4 10 40 3 6 50
                      20 Desi Rodriguez 7 5.4 14 23 60.9 10 19 52.6 - 1

Schedule

Seton Hall BB Forum: https://setonhall.rivals.com/forum.a...id=652&style=2

Shox 81
                      Arrrghh 61
                      From these stats, the team FG% is 47.7%, FT% is 65.1% and 3-pt FG% is 43.8%.
                      That seems crazy that their overall FG% is only 4 points higher than their 3-ball percentage. Yet FT is average at 65.1%.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                        That seems crazy that their overall FG% is only 4 points higher than their 3-ball percentage. Yet FT is average at 65.1%.
                        I left off the bottom 4 players with little team impact. Actual team stats are:
                        FG .466 FT .648 3PT .413
                        Visit ESPN for Seton Hall Pirates live scores, video highlights, and latest news. Find standings and the full 2023-24 season schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                          What we do know is these stats will be tested in a way to upset their turnip truck here at 21st and Hillside. The bright lights will be sparkling on a National scale, our crowd will test decibel levels that would make a fake noise meter burst from the real sones' that will even make the basketball gods shudder to the point of wearing ear-muffs. Yes, FSF can dig that groovy-ness!!!!!!! This will be quite a game to say the very least.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I believe WSU's OOC SoS is currently around the top 30. SH's is in the 120's.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                              I know that I should be scared of this game and all, but I just have a good feeling we are going to put them in their place. Seton Hall has not played a road game. They beat Nevada by 8 and ILL St by 4 when at neutral locations. Their scores look strong at home and not so strong on neutral courts. Their first loss will be their first road game :)

WSU - 79
                              Seton Hall - 60
                              Yep! The Hall haven't faced anything like they're about to face here. Shocks kill'em on the boards. FVV, TC and RB put on a steals clinic. TC gets four or five Godzilla-Killa dunks and Sports Center says "Oh hell, just give the top five spots to Cotton and call it a day. :highly_amused:

WSU-86
                              Hall-71

It's only that close because HC3G once again gets a lot of PT for the newbies. :highly_amused:
                              "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Working...
                              X