No announcement yet.

The OFFICIAL Shocks vs. Runnin' Utes Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad to see Wessel get the nod for Player of the Game. Pretty obvious I think.

Wish he would have made that putback though. He had it!
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shockndallas View Post
      if you're going to lose, lose like that.
      -ranked team
      -their court
      -over time
      -great game
      Our last 3 losses:
      By 4 to a national champion.
      By 2 to a national runner up
      By 1 to a top 25 team on the road..
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Great game, great comeback. Dust this one off and get ready for St. Louis! GO SHOX!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
          As do I ShockerFever, as do I. Shock Therapy, still about an hour before last call, plenty of time to hit the closest bar.
          I have a massive collection of beer in my basement, so supply isn't the problem. The problem is that I have to get up in five hours. And I just downed some sleeping pills, because that's the only way I'm sleeping in the next two hours.

Comment

• I'm not sure I don't feel even better about this team's prospects going forward.

Comment

• I love the way our team didn't give up and almost snatched a victory out of the jaws of defeat. It was a great game to watch. It would have been better if we had won, but if you are going to lose, losing in OT by one point at a top 25 team in front of 15000 hostile fans is the way to do it. GO SHOCKS!

Comment

• Now is the time for another Shocker winning streak.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I'm not sure I don't feel even better about this team's prospects going forward.
                  After initially being pissed because I hate losing and we aren't used to it, I tend to agree. Lot of fight at the end. Lot of things that normally go right, just went completely wrong. Had MULTIPLE times to cash this thing in for cash money homie, and it just didn't happen. 1 point loss in OT is literally the closest way to lose a game.

I think this team will grow immensely from this.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    I'm not sure I don't feel even better about this team's prospects going forward.
                    Me too. On the road in a hostile environment against a top 25 team. Our point guard plays one of the worst games in his career, despite getting hot late. Baker gets focused by their defense, our best post guy has a rough game, it seemed like we got killed on the boards, and we had about twice as many fouls as they did.

All of that amounted to a one point loss in OT.

There's a lot of good that can come from this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                      I have a massive collection of beer in my basement, so supply isn't the problem. The problem is that I have to get up in five hours. And I just downed some sleeping pills, because that's the only way I'm sleeping in the next two hours.
                      Join the club, I'm up at 7, and not even close to being tired and ready for bed. Unfortunately no sleeping pills for me, doctors orders. So I'm stuck with what will more than likely be a 2, maybe 3 hour night of sleep. Ugh.

Comment

• I want to take sleeping pills but anything I take will knock me out past my 6:30 alarm

Comment

• How much fun do you think the rebounding drills will be on Friday in practice?
                          78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                            How much fun do you think the rebounding drills will be on Friday in practice?
                            Heck, do you think they're gonna wait till Friday? I'm sure if Marshall was allowed to, he'd have them doing drills the second they got off the plane.

Comment

• As of right now I'd say we're one big guy short of making that jump from great team to elite team, but games like this (and the video sessions afterwards where HCGM can show them how to fix it) will help these young guys adjust to playing tough games on the road like this one where every rebound is going to be fought for. As someone else had pointed out we really only needed one of those missed layups or dunks to go down in regulation and we would be talking about a great comeback victory, but it wasn't meant to be so we'll move on and toughen up for SLU this weekend!

Comment

• It's amazing how defining that 70 point threshold truly is with our team. I'd really be interested in our records over the last several years scoring < 70 and 70+.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X