What are the Odds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the Odds?

That we will be 9-0 going into the tournament in December? Can our bigs stand up to the pressure? Certainly, the leadership of VanVleet, Baker, and Cotton will be important, and they may need to step up there game a bit for these next 5 games.

1 in 7

2 out 5 if they beat Utah

Comment

KenPom projected odds:

Utah 54%
      Saint Louis 95%
      Seton Hall 88%
      Detroit 82%
      Alabama 88%
      All Five 33%
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Now that the odds of being undefeated are ZERO, KenPom's percentage to win out and finish with one loss are 4.9%.

The game at UNI at 56% is the only game listed with a percentage lower than 75%. The odds of winning every game other than UNI are 8.7%.

The only other games below 80% are at Evansville (77%) and at Illinois St (75%). The odds of winning all the other games (excluding UNI, Evansville and Illinois State) are 15.1%. That would make the record 23-5 if we lost all of the excluded games, the percentage of losing all four of those is only 2.5%.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

After last night's game, Kenpom has:

WSU - 8
          KU - 9

Good to see one of the computers still has WSU in the top 10. It will be interesting to see what the Shox fall in the human polls come Monday.

Comment

Obviously, it will depend on what happens between now and Monday, but for WSU's part, they need to obliterate SLU on Saturday. 25+.

But if I had to guess today, and without looking to see what other ranked teams have done this week (besides #14 UNC losing), I'd say we fall to around 14.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
              After last night's game, Kenpom has:

WSU - 8
              KU - 9

Good to see one of the computers still has WSU in the top 10. It will be interesting to see what the Shox fall in the human polls come Monday.
              i am guessing in the 13-15 range

Comment

I am thinking around 18 (as long as WSU doesn't lose to SLU)

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                  Now that the odds of being undefeated are ZERO, KenPom's percentage to win out and finish with one loss are 4.9%.

The game at UNI at 56% is the only game listed with a percentage lower than 75%. The odds of winning every game other than UNI are 8.7%.

The only other games below 80% are at Evansville (77%) and at Illinois St (75%). The odds of winning all the other games (excluding UNI, Evansville and Illinois State) are 15.1%. That would make the record 23-5 if we lost all of the excluded games, the percentage of losing all four of those is only 2.5%.
                  I believe the odds of finishing with one loss are much lower, the second and third round games of the Diamond Head Classic aren't listed at KenPom yet since the opponent is unknown. We should get 2 tough games out of NU and then either CU or GWU. All 3 are ranked in the 41-65 range at KenPom.
                  Last edited by Royals85; December 4, 2014, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Royals85 View Post
                    I believe the odds of finishing with one loss are much lower, the second and third round games of the Diamond Head Classic aren't listed at KenPom yet since the opponent is unknown. We should get 2 tough games out of NU and then either CU or GWU. All 3 are ranked in the 41-65 range at KenPom.
                    Good point.

Comment

Wisconsin also lost to Duke. I'd say we fall to around 12-15

Comment

If SLU comes in and doesn't score a single point. And WSU wins 105-0.

Would that be enough to have WSU jump a few spots or would we still fall?

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                          If SLU comes in and doesn't score a single point. And WSU wins 105-0.

Would that be enough to have WSU jump a few spots or would we still fall?
                          105-0 and WSU moves up.
                          104-1 and WSU stays steady.
                          Anything closer than that and WSU falls.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                            105-0 and WSU moves up.
                            104-1 and WSU stays steady.
                            Anything closer than that and WSU falls.

Comment

Wichita probably falls to #12 or #13. Utah explodes up the polls to one spot higher than the Shocks at #11 or #12. This was a GREAT loss.
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                              X