WSU versus Tulsa Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    Unless Tulsa is better than all the teams we've played so far or has a hot shooting night against us, they won't see 60 points.
    Yep. Never understood why people make a bunch of 80-70 predictions. Our team can score, but defense is the constant under Marshall.

Comment

ok, 65-45......

Comment

82-60 WSU
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Cottonless: Shocks 68, HurryCanes 58

50% Cotton: Shocks 75, Canes 50

100% Cotton: Shocks 84, Canes -4

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
            Unless Tulsa is better than all the teams we've played so far or has a hot shooting day against us, they won't see 60 points.
            I actually think Tulsa will be a little better than the other teams we've faced, including Memphis that day. I may have been a little generous giving them 69 when all of our other games have allowed about 56 points regardless of the quality of the opponent, but I do think we will be in the ballpark of 80-90 offensively.

I think the actual game up until the last 5:00 will be a blowout....about 80-55ish. Then we will put in the same squad we did yesterday to try to build depth and Tulsa will put up some more offense, getting them into the 60s.

This is setting my expectations low, by the way.

Comment

^ I like that

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                Then you have this one, where I can almost see where it looks like they stole the idea of "Wu" but just gave him their own touch...which was to make him naked and give him a buzz cut. Oh, and a cape , too.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]1966[/ATTACH]

Anybody wanna photoshop Wu's hair back on, add the wheat he's chewing, put a WSU over where it says Tulsa, and send this over to the Tulsa message board? I'm cool with keeping him naked, though.
                Tulsa Naked Shaved WU copy.jpg

PREDICTION: We gon' win.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]1968[/ATTACH]

PREDICTION: We gon' win.
                  Thank you so much for this. It's beautiful. Although, I do wish he was naked.

Any way to get him also passing a nice Tulsa fart cloud as well?

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                    Thank you so much for this. It's beautiful. Although, I do wish he was naked.

Any way to get him also passing a nice Tulsa fart cloud as well?
                    Tulsa Nekked Shaved WU copy.jpg

How's that?
                    Originally posted by BleacherReport
                    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]1969[/ATTACH]

How's that?
                      This is a perfect illustrated representation of my prediction for this game.

I just wish there were still any Tulsa fans left to come enjoy what has been done to their mascot over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoelace View Post
                        FSF my brutha! I was at that game when Papke hit the running one hander in the lane to beat Tulsa!
                        Hey Tom Kosich Tyrone has a question for you, Who betta? Gus Santos or Doctor J
                        Wasn't that the game here that Ricky Ross refused to shake Karl Papke's hand? I remember your predictions used to be 82-78--Shockers win, with

Duke Tshomba coming off the bench to score 21? Wow, that was back in 2000-2002? Yikes. Then you had to rescue me over at the other site. Are you

having some juicy burrito's for Thanksgiving?
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Duke Tshomba! He used to be considered athletic.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Once the Shocks run the lead up to 25+ the young guys get their chance again and we win by 15.

Anyone know where our overall series with Tulsa now stands?

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                              Once the Shocks run the lead up to 25+ the young guys get their chance again and we win by 15.

Anyone know where our overall series with Tulsa now stands?
                              I believe 63-60 Shox is the overall series.

Shox by 17

Comment

Thanks Veritas. Appreciate you taking the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X