WSU versus Tulsa Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU versus Tulsa Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. Isn't it grand that we are playing old Valley Teams? Tulsa has been a great series

through the years. Mr. Kosich would remind us of what he called "the tip that was heard around

the world" many moons ago. Tulsa will be a solid test. However, when you sow the winds of

a hurricane at 21st and Hillside, you reap the angry Shocker whirlwind. Meanwhile, we as fans

might consume too much turkey. If that happens, focus on pounding the pecan pie and smother it with whipped cream.

WSU---77

Tulsa -63
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

WSU 74
    TU 65
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Wu Shock 81
      Wu Wannabe 55

Comment

FSF my brutha! I was at that game when Papke hit the running one hander in the lane to beat Tulsa!
        Hey Tom Kosich Tyrone has a question for you, Who betta? Gus Santos or Doctor J
        I invented the cross-over dribble in the early 70's

Comment

Tony Martin 87,
          Paul Pressey 64

Tulsa's 2 game set in Las Vegas tonight and tomorrow should tell us a lot.

Comment

MissouriCanOnlyWish - 92
            ThanksForTheCheckMissouri - 75

Comment

Any idea if retro jerseys are in play for this game since it is MTXE night? I heard on the radio or maybe somewhere else that the players will be paying tribute to the MTXE teams. That would be sweeeeeeet!

I expect Tulsa to stay close for about ten minutes, and for us to pull away comfortably for a 15-20 point win.

Shox- 77
              Tulsa- 62

Comment

Tulsa lost at ORU (68-77) and has home wins over Louisiana-Lafayette (64-53) and Abilene Christian (65-39). As someone else mentioned we should find out quite a bit more about Tulsa this week as they play Auburn tonight and either Okie State or Oregon State on Wednesday in Las Vegas.

Is playing two games this week vs the Shockers practicing 3 times be an advantage of disadvantage for Tulsa? Hard to say. My guess is it shouldn't be an issue for the Shocks considering their veteran leadership.

Tulsa has no seniors on its roster. 10 Juniors (two RS Juniors), 2 Sophs and 2 Freshman.

Unless foul trouble forces them to go deeper I think they will use a 9-man rotation:

Probably Starters:
                05 Rashad Ray, 5-10 172 Jr G
                10 James Woodard, 6-3 189 Jr G
                03 Shaquille Harrison, 6-4 182 Jr G
                01 Rashad Smith, 6-7 205 Jr G
                40 D'Andre Wright, 6-9 245 Jr F

Off The Bench:
                15 Marquel Curtis, 6-3 205 Jr G
                23 Stevie Repichowski, 6-5 195 So G
                35 Keondre Dew, 6-8 210 G
                44 Brandon Swannegan, 6-9 209 Jr F

Here are Tulsa's stats through their first 3 games.

Comment

Geographically Accurate Nickname: 81
                  Golden Showers and Geographically Inaccurate Nickname: 60

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    Geographically Accurate Nickname: 81
                    Golden Showers and Geographically Inaccurate Nickname: 60
                    I just want to say that when I saw their 80's logo next to our 80's logo on that "MTXE" flyer last night (the one sitting on everyone's chairs for the Newman game), I had to laugh. Tulsa's graphic designer in the 80's was struggling. It looks like a yellow fart cloud. Or maybe a big piece of popcorn. I could see Jabba the Hut in there, too.

Comment

Here it is
                      Tulsa Huffy.jpg

Comment

Then you have this one, where I can almost see where it looks like they stole the idea of "Wu" but just gave him their own touch...which was to make him naked and give him a buzz cut. Oh, and a cape , too.
                        Tulsa Naked Shaved WU.jpg

Anybody wanna photoshop Wu's hair back on, add the wheat he's chewing, put a WSU over where it says Tulsa, and send this over to the Tulsa message board? I'm cool with keeping him naked, though.

Comment

WSU - 86
                          Tulsa Golden Fart Clouds/Naked Wu's - 69

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                            Here it is
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]1965[/ATTACH]
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Unless Tulsa is better than all the teams we've played so far or has a hot shooting day against us, they won't see 60 points.

Comment

Working...
                              X