2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    Nope. You dance with whom you brought to the dance. Elgin fell in love with Loyola when he saw them dolled up skiing Breckenridge. He asked them to the dance. Trouble is, Loyola looked great in a parka, not so good in yoga pants.
    I love this comparison. You are saying Elgin had a few drinks and went home with what looked like an 8 but when he woke up it was more of a 2?

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      It's still early, so these numbers shouldn't be relied upon for any reasonable predictions..

Drake - 337
      Bradley - 349

The Valley should be able to get them close to 300.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/wizard/index.html
      I remember when we used to laugh about Chicago St...
      Chicago St might be less of an RPI killer than the MVC.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
        I love this comparison. You are saying Elgin had a few drinks and went home with what looked like an 8 but when he woke up it was more of a 2?
        Yep.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Just to keep it real, did you realize that Drake played without 2 senior guards for the first 3 games?

Drake seniors Gary Ricks Jr. and Karl Madison have each been suspended for three games by the school for accepting improper benefits.

Comment

Yep.
            fair enough, but where are your standards if Loyola was ever an 8, even after a drink?

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
              fair enough, but where are your standards if Loyola was ever an 8, even after a drink?
              Come on, man! Everyone sleeps with a two every now and then. Don't lie, you have, so have I. Trouble is, Elgin got in the pig's pants, which was great, but then he married her! Never marry the skinny hot chick you met in the fried butter line at the Iowa State Fair.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

UNO would be top half in the Valley. The Valley made a mistake taking Loyola.
                I just looked at the standings and I've realized something. Saying a team would be a top half MVC team doesn't mean they are good, or even decent.

Right now, Loyola is actually almost a top half team in the current standings. While these standings are very new/inconclusive, they also represent games against a lot of low end teams. We have a lot of losses as a conference for this early on in the season.

Although, I do still agree with that last sentence :)
                Last edited by Dave Stalwart; November 22, 2014, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• Welp, Indy St is working on a turd versus Brown university.

Only up 49-46 with 10:00 left. I won't hold my breath.

Comment

• ISUb up 65-58 w/2:57 left. Missouri State has an important one tipping off @ Texas Tech in a few minutes.

Potential opponent Colorado lost @ Wyoming, which isn't necessarily terrible. They scored only 33 points, which absolutely is terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                      ISUb up 65-58 w/2:57 left. Missouri State has an important one tipping off @ Texas Tech in a few minutes.

Potential opponent Colorado lost @ Wyoming, which isn't necessarily terrible. They scored only 33 points, which absolutely is terrible.
                      Worse than 33 pts is that they only scored 9 in the 2nd half.

Comment

• Huskers down 2 to Rhode Island with a minute to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                          Huskers down 2 to Rhode Island with a minute to go.
                          Overtime

Comment

• Watched MSU TT 1st half. Neither team impressive. MSU isn't going to be very good at all if they continue to play zone all year. I'm not saying you can't play zone and win, and I'm not saying MSU has to play man to win, but they aren't a good rebounding team, and that's accentuated when they play zone. TT is below average and while the game is a toss up right now, TT looks the better team to me, simply because they are tougher than MSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Watched MSU TT 1st half. Neither team impressive. MSU isn't going to be very good at all if they continue to play zone all year. I'm not saying you can't play zone and win, and I'm not saying MSU has to play man to win, but they aren't a good rebounding team, and that's accentuated when they play zone. TT is below average and while the game is a toss up right now, TT looks the better team to me, simply because they are tougher than MSU.
                              How much of the game have they been in a zone, and what kind is it?

Comment

• URI 66- UNL 62

Rhode Island probably won't be a bad team this year, but Damn it would have been nice for Nebraska to get this win.

Comment

Working...
                                X