Annual Redshirt Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual Redshirt Guess-a-thon

We're soooo close to season starting, and nobody started this speculation already?

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
    After the scrimmage, Coach Marshall did mention at least one player will redshirt but was not sure who yet.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

I like Glass as the RS. Can't believe I'm suggesting that Marshall will redshirt a JUCO.

Brown/BWam are my secondaries. Don't see Kelly as a RS.
    Livin the dream

Comment

He's gonna redshirt Shaq :) Marshall is like the honey badger. He doesn't care.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
        He's gonna redass Shaq
        Fixed.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Won'ts: Kelly, Brown, Nurger, Henderson ----- (Three players w/ a year of prep school; one who is expected to be the back up PG.)

Maybes: Bush, Glass ----- (Two Jucos with upside, but not polished. My bet is one of them is the lucky one.)

Alreadys: Holland, Morris ----- (Already RSed. Pretty much all that needs to be said.)

Originally posted by wufan View Post
          I like Glass as the RS. Can't believe I'm suggesting that Marshall will redshirt a JUCO.
          It's funny, that they seem like the most likely candidates this year. I also agree that Glass will ultimately be the one.
          The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Fixed.
            Is that a NCAA recognized status?

Comment

Since we are on the annual redshirt thread, I will add my annual plug for redshirting Tekele Cotton to get him in the same class as FVV.

Let Baker and Carter carry us this year and get drafted. Wessel can sink or swim at 3 as best he can. I'm sure we would still destroy the MVC.

Hey TKO, why not stay in college another year. Life pretty much blows after college anyway :)

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                Won'ts: Kelly, Brown, Nurger, Henderson ----- (Three players w/ a year of prep school; one who is expected to be the back up PG.)

Maybes: Bush, Glass ----- (Two Jucos with upside, but not polished. My bet is one of them is the lucky one.)

Alreadys: Holland, Morris ----- (Already RSed. Pretty much all that needs to be said.)

It's funny, that they seem like the most likely candidates this year. I also agree that Glass will ultimately be the one.
                Have we ever redshirted a Junior before, either a Juco transfer or otherwise? Not saying we won't. Your analysis makes a lot of sense. Just wondering if we ever have. Perhaps another sign of how the program is developing and growing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Have we ever redshirted a Junior before, either a Juco transfer or otherwise? Not saying we won't. Your analysis makes a lot of sense. Just wondering if we ever have. Perhaps another sign of how the program is developing and growing.
                  Great question. Last time I remember (even remotely) debating about RSing an upperclassman was Stutz (when Orukpe was coming in I believe).
                  The Assman

Comment

Great question. Last time I remember (even remotely) debating about RSing an upperclassman was Stutz (when Orukpe was coming in I believe).
                    There were a lot of people wanting to redshirt Aaron Ellis as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      Yep. I was just looking that up. I'm not surprised you remembered though...

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        It looks like at least you were ;)
                        The Assman

Comment

After watching shocker madness and the practice on Saturday it would not totally shock me if Henderson redshirted. Rian plays better at the 2 but would be serviceable at the point and we all know that Baker is more than serviceable at point. The two time I have seen Rian he has been very impressive and it may be hard to keep him off the floor. Not saying redshirting Henderson will happen or even should happen but I think it is more of an option than some think. my $.02

Comment

It looks like at least you were ;)
                            LOL - I remembered the discussion, didn't remember that i started it.

Comment

Didn't Holland redshirt last year? Can you give someone a redshirt two years in a row without a medical reason?
                              "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
                              -- Pele

Comment

Working...
                              X