Annual Redshirt Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    We need Henderson because if FVV and Baker both get into foul trouble at the same time, which they did at least once last year, do we put Cotton at the point or bring in Simon? I'd rather have Henderson as the third option.
    No legitimate attempt to put a competitive team on the court should include Simon. Good kid. I hate to say it, but dang, he just is in way over his head out there. Reminds me a little of a guy who used to run point who did some t.v. for us.

Henderson is and will be a total stud for us. He would help this year, but if he is ok with it, a red shirt year would be appreciated down the road. I'm thrilled that Holland Oats didn't burn a year last year. Reminds me of D Williams a bit but a little bit better under control. His stroke was nice yesterday.

Comment

• I imagine an announcement will come this week, but if Brown or Henderson does not see the court Friday, the decision could still be made next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox1979 View Post
        I can't see them redshirting Henderson. You hear about what a great shooter he is, but when he got confident late, he made the defense look silly with his handle.
        I'm not saying Glass is gonna be a James Anacreon type situation, but with our level of recruiting improving every year, and Hamilton at Sunrise, Shaq, Rauno and Kelly all Freshman, I'm not sure Glass figures into the picture for 3 years (maybe not even 2) Especially if Brown keeps growing, and they try to turn him into a stretch 4.

Sounds like we are creating our own version of one and done. Haven't even played a real game yet, and we are already looking ahead to next year.

So while we are at it, who should WSU be recruiting as our next coach?
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• well, it aint henderson.

Comment

• I just think I look at things a little different. There is no doubt Henderson is ready to go, would provide quality depth, etc. But that is more the issue, do you really want to waste a year of a kid that special for 5-10 minutes a game in mop up time? And really, its quite possible he'll be in the same position next year. Redshirt him this year, get him game experience behind Fred next year, and let him run the show for 3 years following.

Comment

• This could all be a wasted thread if no one wants to redshirt. Coach doesn't force redshirts. Granted he will strongly suggest redshirts.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I posted this in his recruitment thread, but here is CHJ (Corey Henderson Jr), ballin' in high school.

He might not get the most minutes as a freshman (which is okay, he has four years), but the kid will find a way to get on the court.

The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                  I just think I look at things a little different. There is no doubt Henderson is ready to go, would provide quality depth, etc. But that is more the issue, do you really want to waste a year of a kid that special for 5-10 minutes a game in mop up time? And really, its quite possible he'll be in the same position next year. Redshirt him this year, get him game experience behind Fred next year, and let him run the show for 3 years following.
                  I would not consider it a waste of a year. Come the MVC in St. Louis and the NCAA in Omaha and beyond, it will indeed be wonderful to have two experienced point guards who can play 25 and 15 minutes respectively without much loss in efficiency. Not many teams can do that. FVV with fresher legs >> FVV on tired legs. btw, even that is very damn great.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• He had a sweet behind the back move towards the end of the game. He ended up being wide open on the wing because of it and buried the 3!
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Big Bush would benefit the most from a RS year, but we can't afford that.

Comment

• KU fan here. So by my count, you guys are at 15 scholarship players for next season, right? That's actually kind of awesome. It's very rare to have a highly-ranked program always be 13-full on scholarships, as you have early departures and then highly rated guys are constantly transferring if they're not in the 8-9 man rotation. It seems like the guys Marshall is bringing in are more patient and willing to take a redshirt etc. The only issue this year is 2 of your 4 newbies are already at post-grad schools and you can't park them there another year, and the other 2 are highly rated guys that will be in the program right away. That means Marshall is going to have to run 2 guys off...(Glass and Morris???) A good problem to have I guess.

Comment

• If everybody signs, we are over. Congrats on your math skills. Let me guess, pre-med?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigxiidominance View Post
                            KU fan here. So by my count, you guys are at 15 scholarship players for next season, right? That's actually kind of awesome. It's very rare to have a highly-ranked program always be 13-full on scholarships, as you have early departures and then highly rated guys are constantly transferring if they're not in the 8-9 man rotation. It seems like the guys Marshall is bringing in are more patient and willing to take a redshirt etc. The only issue this year is 2 of your 4 newbies are already at post-grad schools and you can't park them there another year, and the other 2 are highly rated guys that will be in the program right away. That means Marshall is going to have to run 2 guys off...(Glass and Morris???) A good problem to have I guess.
                            Appreciate that you lurked a year before you posted. Seriously, it means that you are probably not just trolling people.

You do have a point. I think that HCGM has to tell recruits that it's survival of the fittest around here. I think there are several factors, though. We don't know if his offers to recruits are conditional. So it always seems like we have so many offers out there. I find it hard to believe that HCGM has ever had to run a player off. I think anyone who has left has done so on their own accord. That said, I believe HCGM could definitely regularly tell the team "do the math. if you're in the bottom two, you might want to think about other options or start working harder." I don't know. All we know is that this isn't the first time the math has looked like we were over the limit. We have never been over the limit, though.

Comment

• Well put jdshock

Comment

• Somebody always leaves, usually because of lack of playing time--no one gets run off. There's also speculation about an early departure to the NBA.
                                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                                X