Arch Madness 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch Madness 2015

I know it's early, but since I'm finally going to get to go I'm starting to look at hotels. And what better group to ask than here? :)

I'm looking at the Crowne Plaza near the arch, since that's where the pep band (which my son is in) stays. I'm also looking at the Ramada next to the convention center (roughly $75/night cheaper). A couple of questions for anyone who has stayed at either place:

1. Is there convenient parking nearby?

2. What is the walk to Scottrade like and is it safe after dark?

3. Are there decent, affordable places to eat nearby?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    I know it's early, but since I'm finally going to get to go I'm starting to look at hotels. And what better group to ask than here? :)

I'm looking at the Crowne Plaza near the arch, since that's where the pep band (which my son is in) stays. I'm also looking at the Ramada next to the convention center (roughly $75/night cheaper). A couple of questions for anyone who has stayed at either place:

1. Is there convenient parking nearby?

2. What is the walk to Scottrade like and is it safe after dark?

3. Are there decent, affordable places to eat nearby?

Thanks in advance.
    Royal - since everyone is ignoring you, I'll respond even though I haven't stayed at either of those hotels. The arch is a bit of a hike from Scottrade. You can walk it but probably better to take a cab to the games, or you can drive and pay to park, probably about the same cost. Parking lots and garages are near the arena and easy to access. Around the arena are a few places to eat. Lots of people hang out at Joe Buck's sports bar. Not a ton of dining options around the arena, but enough. A lot of restaurants along washington street, soulard district, and around the landing which is near the arch. As for safety, I've never felt unsafe. You'll see mostly people in various school colors during arch madness. The team stays at the Sheraton and there are pep rallies before the WSU game here off the lobby area - you'll want to go to these to mingle with Shocker fans.

Comment

Dan, I think you mean the Westin and not the Sheraton.

Comment

You might check into the Downtown Trolley and or the MetroLink for getting around also.

Comment

I stayed at the Crown Plaza for the NCAA. No problem. Cab ride was about $8, I believe.

I'm staying at the Drury this time. They have nice happy hour snacks and drinks.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I would highly recomend the Drury at Union Station. We've been there for many years. Free secure parking, hot tub, pool, Breakfast, supper, 3 drinks included. Three blocks from Scottrade. But, get it booked NOW they fill up fast. We always book for the next year before we check out.

Comment

tournament starts March 5/th 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Pigman View Post
                I would highly recomend the Drury at Union Station. We've been there for many years. Free secure parking, hot tub, pool, Breakfast, supper, 3 drinks included. Three blocks from Scottrade. But, get it booked NOW they fill up fast. We always book for the next year before we check out.
                I checked through one of the online booking sites and the Drury at Union Staion had no available rooms that weekend.

Comment

Pear Tree (think Hampton in of Drury hotels) at Union station is where we have stayed the past four years. Can walk or ride the bar shuttle to all games. Price is reasonable and the staff has always been great. Also, free breakfast and happy hours if you are into bud light and cheap wine.

Comment

Cant go wrong with Drury's & Pear Tree. Owned by same company. Free Pepsi brand fountains drinks 3-10pm plus popcorn.

Comment

Royal - the teams all block out a certain number ofrooms for their teams and fans. If the Drury Inn is the Mo State hotel, for example, ask them for the Mo State block and a room may be available.

I would also suggest looking at the Ballpark Hilton and Dury Plaza at the arch(not the union station). Both reasonably priced and walking distance.
                      Last edited by Dan; October 9, 2014, 07:27 AM.

Comment

In regards to Crowne Plaza, food options include Jimmy John's, TGI Friday's, an Italian sit down restaraunt (I forget the name. Right next to TGI) and a Hooters are all well within walking distance. Also a Starbucks is a block away.

Comment

Originally posted by KraRam View Post
                          Pear Tree (think Hampton in of Drury hotels) at Union station is where we have stayed the past four years. Can walk or ride the bar shuttle to all games. Price is reasonable and the staff has always been great. Also, free breakfast and happy hours if you are into bud light and cheap wine.
                          I have stayed at the Pear Tree several times. It was more than fine with me. I imagine it ranks three stars.

The walk to Scott Trade is about 4 longish blocks, but not a bad walk. The bar shuttle works out fine too.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Last year was our first time at the Crown Plaza (also was Bradley's team hotel) and the tournament turned out pretty good for the Shocks for the first time ever. That freakin' Gargoyle in the lobby scared the bejesus out of our son. Anyway, back on topic, restaurant options are plentiful and the walk is seriously not that bad - plenty of other yellow and black clad folks to keep you company. Stayed in Union Station for the NCAA tournament so the loss to Kentucky is on me.

I'm not saying i'm superstitious . . . i'm just a little stitious - so my guess is we'll be staying in the Crown Plaza again this year.

Comment

I was able to find rooms available at the Pear Tree through Booking.com for $150/night +fees. There were only five rooms left for that weekend. At least parking is free.

My next question is tickets. If I buy all-session tickets through TicketMaster (once they are available), will that get us in to all games of the tournament?

Comment

Working...
                              X