Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Ribbon Preseason Top 25 and All-Americans

Kentucky #1 Shocks come in at #7

FVV 1st team, Ron Baker 3rd team. Shockers and Kentucky the only two teams with more than one all-american. (edit: Wisky got 2, as well).

Pretty special.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
      Kentucky #1 Shocks come in at #7

FVV 1st team, Ron Baker 3rd team. Shockers and Kentucky the only two teams with more than one all-american. (edit: Wisky got 2, as well).
      http://chrisdortch.info/blue-ribbon-...wcomer-of-year
      Someone else will have to validate this, but it seems like Baker and VanVleet are quickly becoming the most heralded guards in WSU history, Aubrey Sherrod not withstanding...
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
        Someone else will have to validate this, but it seems like Baker and VanVleet are quickly becoming the most heralded guards in WSU history, Aubrey Sherrod not withstanding...
        They have almost definitely collected the most awards of any guards in our program, including Aubrey.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
          They have almost definitely collected the most awards of any guards in our program, including Aubrey.
          Yeah, if you're talking about once you're in college, it's not even close, and I love Aubrey.

Comment

I will be pretty disappointed if #'s 11, 23 and 31 are not in the rafters by 2030. They have already done more than enough to earn it.

Comment

Most heralded duo since AC and Cliff.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShocker2 View Post
                I will be pretty disappointed if #'s 11, 23 and 31 are not in the rafters by 2030. They have already done more than enough to earn it.
                Hope it doesn't take that long.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Hope it doesn't take that long.
                  Maybe one of them is going to pull a "Grant Gibbs" :yahoo:
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

If we land one more top 100 this year we will have the most heralded recruits since Sherrod and Dreiling.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShocker2 View Post
                      Based on the talent coming in this year and possibly even next year, we'll need to make a lot of space in those rafters for everyone by 2030. Either that or raise our standards. The future is bright!

Comment

does anyone even know what the actual standards are?

Comment

does anyone even know what the actual standards are?
                          The only requirement for jersey/number retirement that I'm aware of is that you must be a recognized AA. That's why it took so long to retire Cliff (he made one obscure 3rd team list), and why Armstrong/Jabali isn't retired.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

under that criteria, Murry is out, Early is in. Fred and Ron should be on his heels.

Comment

under that criteria, Murry is out, Early is in. Fred and Ron should be on his heels.
                              Fred would also already be in. Ron still has work to do.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                              X