No announcement yet.

Goshockers Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malcolm Armstead's emotion is a case in point. It got redirected from what got him the 2 early season Ts and helped him be a huge component in our final four run.
    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
      I just saw that Goshockers has updated the pictures for the new season. Two things popped up to me. Shaq's weight of 275 and Holland's weight of 145. Does anyone know if these are legit? http://www.goshockers.com/SportSelec...DB_OEM_ID=7500 Also, if Shaq's weight is legit, is it muscle or baby fat.
      Pic of Shaq posted in the photo shoot thread:
      Attached Files
      Livin the dream

Comment

That pic gets me excited about a guy that is going to be really dominant...we'll see how soon.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
          Pic of Shaq posted in the photo shoot thread:
          If that picture is of a guy who weighs 275, that will be the sexiest, sveltest 275 I've ever seen.

Comment

Sully gets to the bottom of the roster changes: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...le2263919.html

Comment

When will those exact measurements find their way to the roster. Ron still listed at 6-3, Fred at 5-11 and Tekele at 6-2 on the roster for example, all 1 inch shorter than Kerry's reportedly exact measurements (with shoes).

Measure up — Does an inch or two matter when an NBA scout is evaluating a prospect?.

Maybe not. Ultimately, a player can play or he can’t, and his height and weight are secondary. WSU strength and conditioning coordinator Kerry Rosenboom isn’t taking chances.

With scrutiny in WSU basketball players increasing, Rosenboom wants players listed at their precise height. In the past, the media relations department grabbed roster heights from the player, the roster at a previous school, a recruiting service or a newspaper article.

Rosenboom wants Shockers to measure up like they will at the NBA Draft Combine, where players are measured with and without shoes.

“A pet peeve of mine has always been where guys are listed at 6-foot-9 and they’re really 6-7 1/2,” he said. “Coach (Gregg) Marshall is bringing in guys that have a chance to be at that level, and so when they go to the combine, I don’t want the numbers being skewed.”

Rosenboom, who measures players with shoes, fixed a tape measure to the wall and placed a level on top of the player’s head.

He is convinced accuracy matters. Junior guard Ron Baker has been listed at 6-3, which Rosenboom says NBA evaluators consider point-guard height. He measured Baker at 6-4 1/4 with shoes. Draftexpress.com, Rosenboom’s preferred website for following the NBA Draft, now lists Baker as a shooting guard.

“He’s put himself in the height of his true position,” Rosenboom said. ““I wanted it to be as exact as possible.”

Rosenboom happily bumped guard Fred VanVleet up to 6-foot from 5-11. Junior Bush Wamukota is the tallest Shocker at 6-11 1/2, with freshman Rauno Nurger is at 6-10 3/4.

Wingspans can also indicate success, and Rosenboom measured the Shockers from fingertip to fingertip.

“You always want to find the people whose arm length are longer than their height,” Rosenboom said.

Baker’s wingspan is 6-9. Tekele Cotton, 6-3 tall, measures 6-8 with his wingspan. The longest reach belongs to Darius Carter, who at 6-7 1/2 has a wingspan of 7-2.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
                Sully gets to the bottom of the roster changes: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...le2263919.html
                Interesting read since those heights don't measure up to the listed heights on the official Shocker roster:

Wamukota listed at 7-0. Measured at 7-0
                Nurger listed at 6-10. Measured at 6-11
                Carter listed at 6-7. Measured at 6-8
                Baker listed at 6-3. Measures at 6-4
                Cotton listed at 6-2. Measured at 6-3
                VanVleet listed at 5-11. Measured at 6-0
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  Interesting read since those heights don't measure up to the listed heights on the official Shocker roster:

Wamukota listed at 7-0. Measured at 6-11.5
                  Nurger listed at 6-10. Measured at 6-10.75
                  Carter listed at 6-7. Measured at 6-7.5
                  Baker listed at 6-3. Measures at 6-4.25
                  Cotton listed at 6-2. Measured at 6-3
                  Corrected. Rosenboom wants players listed at their precise heights.

Comment

I've always thought that height was the least important of measurements. Total reach & wing span are much more important than someone with a long skinny neck and penguin arms. But "can they play" is still the golden rule.

Comment

Wamukota listed at 7-0. Measured at 6-11.5
                      Nurger listed at 6-10. Measured at 6-10.75
                      Carter listed at 6-7. Measured at 6-7.5 Wingspan 7' 2"
                      Baker listed at 6-3. Measures at 6-4.25 Wingspan 6' 9"
                      Cotton listed at 6-2. Measured at 6-3 Wingspan 6' 8"

Me likey!
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Corrected. Rosenboom wants players listed at their precise heights.
                        That'll be the day, when we see goshockers (and other similar websites at schools with enlightened folks like Rosenboom) showing players' heights to the quarter-inch.

Comment

I agree, wing-span along with hight is the most important thing for basketball players...along with jumping ability and quickness, and ability to shoot and dribble and play Marshall type defense. I will admit that adding and inch here and there might not be a big deal to us but it does look better on paper, and probably does get the attention of the NBA scouts who are paying alot more attention too the Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                            I agree, wing-span along with hight is the most important thing for basketball players...along with jumping ability and quickness, and ability to shoot and dribble and play Marshall type defense.
                            You left out rebound and dive for loose balls... :)

Comment

If Baker being 6'4" all of a sudden makes him a SG in the NBA, then I guess we may see VanVleet and Henderson (and maybe Holland) take all of the pg minutes, and let Baker be Baker and make opposing defenses look silly.
                              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                                If Baker being 6'4" all of a sudden makes him a SG in the NBA, then I guess we may see VanVleet and Henderson (and maybe Holland) take all of the pg minutes, and let Baker be Baker and make opposing defenses look silly.
                                I've considered that the plan all along.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X