2014-15 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Signman View Post
    Looks like the KU duo has Fred VV and Perry Ellis. Interesting!
    They wanted to include Ellis in their ranking, and deservedly so, but in searching photos the only other people to show up were non-Jayhawks. Pictures don't lie.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
      Has anyone, other than perhaps our FANTASTIC optimistic, forevershockerfan (I say this with only the most respect), ever in the past, REALISTICALLY, mentioned the distinct possibility, in the preseason, that the Shockers had the slightest chance of being in the Final Four? Even in the 1960's and 1980's?
      I've had several conversations with KU/KSU fans saying that with the right coach and players, WSU is absolutely capable of a FF/NC. I think the first time was in 08… I might have been a little headstrong specifically that season lol. But it worked out!

Comment

• And I understand what you meant by the question, but I took it another way on purpose because it was interesting 😄

Comment

• Really no surprise here. BR has us most likely to run away with the conference title.

Most regular-season conference titles in men's college basketball aren't decided until the very last game, but there is always a handful in which one team simply runs away with the crown...

Comment

• Originally posted by Wurdaddy View Post
            Really no surprise here. BR has us most likely to run away with the conference title.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...titles/page/11
            This part should sting to the rest of the MVC.
            Evansville has a pair of outstanding players in D.J. Balentine and Egidijus Mockevicius, but the Purple Aces are a team on the fringe of getting invited to the 2016 NCAA tournament. Wichita State is a team on the fringe of winning it.
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Personally this was my favorite

searching for Wichita State's runner-up is akin to sifting through the racks at a secondhand store for clothing that isn't flawed.
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Wichita State's rise to college basketball prominence has been tied to the play of Ron Baker and Fred VanVleet. Now they're ready for their final act.
                In the fast lane

Comment

• Transfer Season winners and Losers

A program can change so quickly during transfer season. So which schools look better, and which came out looking worse?

WINNERS
                  6. Wichita State ShockersThe Shockers added two key pieces for this season, one in the initial stages of the transfer season and another after the 2014-15 campaign ended. Former Kansas guard Conner Frankamp, who was the victim of a numbers game in Lawrence, will be eligible at the break next season. And Cleveland State transfer Anton Grady, a 6-8 forward, is a grad transfer who averaged 14.3 points and 7.9 boards last season and could wind up starting for Gregg Marshall.

LOSERS

1. Cleveland State Vikings
                  No one got hit harder in the transfer season than head coach Gary Waters and the Vikings. A year ago, Waters lost Bryn Forbes to Michigan State. This time he lost his top two scorers in guard Trey Lewis (Louisville) and big man Anton Grady (Wichita State). Unlike Forbes, these two guys will graduate and play immediately at their next destinations. This is devastating for a mid-major program.

Comment

• K.,

If this has been posted, please delete. Thanks. http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...state-shockers

rdr
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                      K.,

If this has been posted, please delete. Thanks. http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...state-shockers

rdr
                      That's a good read thanks for sharing
                      ShockerNut 2305

Comment

• Everyone's seen this. I just happened to come across it again. I love this program.

Shocker Story

"We know we'll never play the perfect game but if you strive for perfection often times you can achieve excellence and that's what we're about." HMFCGM

Comment

• Scroll to #10.

Andy Katz on college coaches attending the NBA draft and which members of the Pan Am tryout roster would benefit most from making the team.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Mark Adams is never shy about the Shocks!

Mark Adams@EnthusiAdams 3h3 hours ago Late 2008 season I told Gregg Marshall he could win the national championship at Wichita St. This season Shockers do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                              Mark Adams is never shy about the Shocks!

Mark Adams@EnthusiAdams 3h3 hours ago Late 2008 season I told Gregg Marshall he could win the national championship at Wichita St. This season Shockers do it.
                              Mark Adams is definitely not shy always high praise for us and every other valley team! I agree with his statement 100%
                              ShockerNut 2305

Comment

• I like Adam's fervent lovefest with our basketball program as much as the next Shocker fan, but the guy is bordering on needing to rename his twitter profile to @HyperboliAdams. I don't think his above statement is terrible ridiculous at the current point in time, but he is often guilty of overstatement, so much so that some nationally don't take him terribly serious.

Comment

Working...
                                X