No announcement yet.

2014-15 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sure hope this reporter is from the future!!

"So what gives? How can the higher-seeded Irish stave off the upset-minded Shockers? Gregg Marshall has led WSU to the Elite Eight four times – twice to the Final Four – so this is not unchartered territory. He will not wilt under the spotlight, and understands how to game plan within the Sweet 16 spectacle."

Wichita State already has bounced two Midwest behemoths – Indiana and Kansas – from the NCAA tournament. Will it KO a third, Notre Dame, on Thursday night? The Shockers are the No. 7 seed in the regional and average 79.5 points per game. Notre Dame, the No. 3 seed, has beaten Northeastern and Butler while averaging 68.0 ppg. (3) Notre Dame vs. (7) Wichita State MIDWEST REGIONAL     7:15 p.m. ET Thursday | CBS On Saturday, Notre Dame coach Mike Brey lost his mother to a heart attack.
    I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
    If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by LandStander View Post
      I sure hope this reporter is from the future!!

"So what gives? How can the higher-seeded Irish stave off the upset-minded Shockers? Gregg Marshall has led WSU to the Elite Eight four times – twice to the Final Four – so this is not unchartered territory. He will not wilt under the spotlight, and understands how to game plan within the Sweet 16 spectacle."

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-...and-thats-when
      This isn't some no-name website either. It's the NCAA's own website. Pretty sad.
      The Assman

Comment

• Darius Carter
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• MIke & Mike audio:

Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall comments on his future, beating Kansas, preparing for Notre Dame and the Shockers' mindset during the NCAA tournament.

Comment

• Moton would be on my short list anywhere

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
              I don't think 3G looks anything like Tom Crean.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                I don't think 3G looks anything like Tom Crean.
                I found that to be a crazy comparison as well. Now Tom Crean and Tom Arnold, that's a different story.
                "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                  They need to get this corrected.
                  While senior guards Fred VanVleet, Ron Baker and Tekele Cotton are given most of the praise, anyone associated with the program knows that Wichita State wouldn't be playing Notre Dame in the Sweet 16 Thursday if it wasn't for Carter.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    They need to get this corrected.
                    Seems King has lost a step, since leaving ESPN for BR.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                      Seems King has lost a step, since leaving ESPN for BR.
                      I see/hear a lot of media guys thinking FVV and/or RB are seniors. King should know better he lives in KC

Comment

• @vucoach: Guarding the Paint a Lonely Job at Wichita State, but Darius Carter Has to Do It http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...s-art-top-5926 via @bleacherreport
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                          I see/hear a lot of media guys thinking FVV and/or RB are seniors. King should know better he lives in KC
                          He used to be one of our biggest advocates too.

It's funny how that seems to rotate in and out.
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                            He used to be one of our biggest advocates too.

It's funny how that seems to rotate in and out.
                            That was before we embarrassed KU. Remember, he's essentially the beat reporter there. Can't s*** where you eat.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                              Its because it fits the only classic go-to narrative that can explain how WSU is beating everyone. It's that whole argument that one and dones sometimes get a pass on losing to the "veteran, senior laden" mid major squad. It just can't be that the program is that strong...

That is often true, but Marshall's program is becoming different. I've already heard people say how we were able to beat KU because they are just so young and we are so old and developed. Nevermind the fact that our team is very young.

Comment

• From the Yahoo news thread:

Give In to Gregg Marshall: In Praise of College Basketball’s Conservative Weirdo

"Wolf? Or sheep?

Are you a wolf? Or are you a sheep?

ARE YOU A WOLF OR ARE YOU A SHEEP?

As he noted last March, Gregg Marshall is a ******* wolf — and the day he rolls out of bed and considers himself a sheep will be the day the American economy wheezes its final hungry breath.."
                                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X