2014-15 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
    I don't normally listen to 810 in the morning but I had to today. I don't know the names of the guys on The Border Patrol but one guy is obviously a KU fan it was amazing listening to him. I give him credit for admitting he is butt hurt. It cracks me up that his wife said she wished they had just lost to New Mexico State. He gave Marshall a lot of credit and said he would want him as a coach.

But two things stuck out.

1) He refused to give credit to WSU's talent. It was all about "experience" and "hustle" and things like that. He couldn't just say that we had more talented players on the court last night. (We did)
    2) He called Marshall a p rick. I love that so much. They said the same stuff about Coach K. Everyone else hates the winning coach. But he specifically said there apparently was an incident with Nate, one of the 810 reporters. Marshall can be a p rick sometimes because he suffers no fools. Like when my sarcasm was lost in a twitter question I had last year. He straight up made fun of me and without context I deserved it. He does the same thing to media members, including Bob Lutz, if he thinks they are being stupid.

The other thing coming out of KC and nationally is how Marshall just has to be going to UT.
    Steven St. John was poking Jake Guiterriz and Nate Bukaty. It was Nate who had the wife and called HCGM a *****. He called HCGM a ***** because he was late to the interview "scrum" and asked coach questions that had already been asked and Marshall blew him off. He was late to the "scrum" because he was in the locker room interviewing the players and nobody from WSU told them the coach was outside taking questions.

They also talked quite a bit about allegations that Lynne Marshall was overheard saying she had more muscle definition than the KU players. No doubt if she said that, that it was a tip of the hat to Kerry Rosenboom, but they seemed to take a bit of an issue with that (not St. John).

As far as UT is concerned, even Mike Kennedy has said that HCGM would listen if Texas called.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Listening is quite different than accepting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
        Every Shocker fan needs to hear the Jim Rome show today. If not the first 2 hours, at least the 1st hour.
        Kansas went up against Weak Sister University, and now "all they are is Dust in the Wind".... classic...

Carry On My Wayward Son....

Comment

• Eye on College Basketball Podcast with Parrish and Norlander.

Lots of WSU talk. Parrish thinks that the Texas job is going to come open and if it does Marshall will take it. He thinks Marshall will seriously consider Alabama.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
            Kansas went up against Weak Sister University, and now "all they are is Dust in the Wind".... classic...

Carry On My Wayward Son....

Comment

• Comment

• The Battle of Omaha came down to hunger eating talent.

Comment

• Does anyone know how to access archives of the Shockers on radio? I want to hear the Mike Kennedy version of the game yesterday. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                    Does anyone know how to access archives of the Shockers on radio? I want to hear the Mike Kennedy version of the game yesterday. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Thank you...much appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                        Eye on College Basketball Podcast with Parrish and Norlander.

Lots of WSU talk. Parrish thinks that the Texas job is going to come open and if it does Marshall will take it. He thinks Marshall will seriously consider Alabama.

http://sports.cbsimg.net/swf/audio/A...=true&seekTo=0
                        Parrish writes one pretty awesome article one week and then opens his mouth up with a worthless piece of crap stance the next week, perfectly contradicting his first article. What a loon.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Jim Rome was money today. He knows what the hell's going on. And he spent a good deal of time on the subject. Definitely worth a listen.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                            Go for it, but Alabama represents all of the reasons HCGM has not left yet....
                            Let's get this straight, guys (and gals): HCGM is not leaving WSU after this season. He has the best PG in the country in his senior season, probably Ron Baker, Evan as a senior, the 2nd year of Shaq, Rashard, Bush, and Zach Brown, and one of his best recruiting classes incoming (Conner, Markis, Landry, Tyrone, and Eric).

Why would a coach leave a program with the best PG in the country? There will be plenty of coaching opportunities at other schools in the future, and he won't be leaving with Fred as a senior.

By the way, Rick Barnes has not even been fired yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Parrish writes one pretty awesome article one week and then opens his mouth up with a worthless piece of crap stance the next week, perfectly contradicting his first article. What a loon.
                              The article wrote was awesome, but it is amazing that Gary now says that if someone throws an obscene number in front of Gregg, of course, he would take it, even though his article clearly says no. Read your own article Gary....and believe it, because it is true.

I could kind of see Texas... maybe... but....

Gregg would not be where he is without Fred, Ron, Tekele, Evan, and company.... can't see it until they are gone...

but only HCGM knows....

These guys remind me of a Lhasa Apso... dogs that like to eat their own poop...

Comment

• ShockerNet mention: http://www.sbnation.com/college-bask...e-shockers-the
                                On twitter as @WuShocks

Comment

Working...
                                X