2014-15 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
    Mike and Mike pretty much open with the summary of the game, and pretty effusive over the Shockers...only negative...they echo the 'nothing to gain' mantra about a series...'except for the fans'...

well...isnt that a consideration?

But frankly...I hope Marshall says "NEVER again ask me about playing them...we don't need to"
    I don't know if he planned it, but Greg was asked in the post game about the little brother thing, he said (generally) - "I have a little brother. And I used to pick on him. Then one day he grew up and showed me he wasn't gonna take it any more. Now we're friends - but, we don't fight any more." Kind of funny that we may have nothing to gain by playing tem every year now.
    If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
      I don't know if he planned it, but Greg was asked in the post game about the little brother thing, he said (generally) - "I have a little brother. And I used to pick on him. Then one day he grew up and showed me he wasn't gonna take it any more. Now we're friends - but, we don't fight any more." Kind of funny that we may have nothing to gain by playing tem every year now.
      Totally agree...I'd rather play Duke and Carolina anyway....:)

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
        Mike and Mike pretty much open with the summary of the game, and pretty effusive over the Shockers...only negative...they echo the 'nothing to gain' mantra about a series...'except for the fans'...

well...isnt that a consideration?

But frankly...I hope Marshall says "NEVER again ask me about playing them...we don't need to"
        Well, since Mike Golic is a Notre Dame alum and spews about the Fighting Irish all the damn time, if the Shox can beat his beloved Irish on Thursday, I will be tuning into Mike & Mike first thing Friday morning to see what he says. That'll be fun.

Comment

• Seems everybody in the country, other than those in Lawrence, seems to believe the Shockers are the real deal and have been for a while. Nice short article in USA Today: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/03/wich...-team-sweet-16

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
            After beating Jayhawks, Wichita State revels in reign as King of Kansas

No telling if he will be around for the next meeting, because it would seem prudent that programs across the country, including one in Austin, Texas, recognize what his team has done and then did to Kansas on Sunday.
            Fred had quite a few wonderful quotes yesterday but I really dig this one: "It's college. You ain't no draft pick yet."

Priceless!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
              Speaking of media -- deafening silence from Gottlube.
              FVV again just dominating inferior talent.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
                http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news/...state/31957928

Check out the monumental dumb ass about 20 seconds in, I believe she has about 90 days to take her shirt back to the store...
                I bet she couldn't name one player on KU's team.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  FVV again just dominating inferior talent.
                  I look at it much differently. I see it as Fred dominating very good talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    I look at it much differently. I see it as Fred dominating very good talent.
                    I'm just going with Gottlieb's mantra.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Guessing by her neck diameter she might check-in at 3 bills.

Comment

• Omaha ? The much-talked-about, long-awaited, highly-anticipated battle between major-college power Kansas University and mid-major extraordinaire Wichita State didn’t turn out to be much of a contest Sunday in CenturyLink Center. “We laid an egg, I guess,” KU junior forward Jamari Traylor said after the NCAA Tournament Midwest Regional’s No. 2-seeded (27-9) Jayhawks were steamrolled by […]

Omaha ? The song remains the same in the Kansas University locker room on the day it gets knocked out of the NCAA tournament. This year, that day came Sunday when a veteran, unflappable Wichita State squad defeated Kansas, 78-65, in the round of 32 at CenturyLink Center. Here’s how it goes: Reporters, asking questions […]

Omaha ? There were a dozen big shots, all kinds of clutch moments and even a few runs that decided Sunday’s 78-65 victory by seventh-seeded Wichita State over No. 2 seed Kansas at CenturyLink Center. But no play better illustrated the difference between the two teams or defined the reason for the final score like […]
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 23, 2015, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• Kansas City is in full meltdown mode. Listening to 610 is pretty funny right now. Now the folks up north are saying "you can't just play us once and call it good. If you want a series you should continue to stick with that and be willing to play ku regularly." Not that the series will ever happen, and who cares if it does now, but it's amazing how the sentiment has changed. Oh, and "there's no way HCGM will stick around now." Really? So going to the F4 or being undefeated last year is not near as good an accomplishment as beating ku? So THIS is the defining moment for the Shox? It's amazing how blind they are up north.
                          "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• I don't know about you guys and gals but this is one of my best Monday's in a loooong time! Lots of good Shockers stories around the interwebz that's keeping me from getting any real work done.

I'm sure most of you have been over to ESPN but for those of you who haven't, check this out: http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...-shocks-kansas

What a weekend. Nothing like beating a couple of bluebloods in the NCAA tournament to make Monday morning somewhat tolerable!

Comment

Are we sure she could even remember her own name?
                              I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                              If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• The first weekend of the NCAA tournament is always flush with quirky memories and surprises of all shapes and sizes. Now the real hunt begins, Eamonn Brennan writes.

As a UK fan, wichita scares me more than anyone. Theyre the real deal.
                                Love this. Basically, everyone but butthurt KU fans now believes we're the real deal, and everyone else just knows they're full of crap.

Comment

Working...
                                X