2014-15 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
    Now KWCH is putting up a graphic on all KU's losses to the MVC :)

Said KU really struggles against the MVC for some reason...
    It is called team defense
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• FVV just ROASTED Oubre.

Said he tries to avoid saying stuff about other teams because he likes to show respect (in reference to Oubre saying he was sleeping during our Indiana game because it didn't matter to him), but that "Oubre can sleep all he wants now."

Comment

FVV just ROASTED Oubre.

Said he tries to avoid saying stuff about other teams because he likes to show respect (in reference to Oubre saying he was sleeping during our Indiana game because it didn't matter to him), but that "Oubre can sleep all he wants now."
        SAW THAT. LOVED IT.

Somebody needs to get that on here for all to see.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Proud of Brannen Greene for admitting on camera that it stings more than other games because of what his peers will say about losing to WSU in particular.

Because the game does matter.

Comment

FVV just ROASTED Oubre.

That was ice cold and I loved it

Comment

• Omaha ? There were a dozen big shots, all kinds of clutch moments and even a few runs that decided Sunday’s 78-65 victory by seventh-seeded Wichita State over No. 2 seed Kansas at CenturyLink Center. But no play better illustrated the difference between the two teams or defined the reason for the final score like […]

I love this quote from Fred:

Omaha — There were a dozen big shots, all kinds of clutch moments and even a few runs that decided Sunday's 78-65 victory by seventh-seeded Wichita State over No. 2 seed Kansas at CenturyLink Center.

But no play better illustrated the difference between the two teams or defined the reason for the final score like the hustle play and ensuing slam dunk made by Wichita State freshman Zach Brown with 9:33 to play in the game.

With just under 10 minutes remaining and the Jayhawks (27-9) trailing by nine points but closing in on some momentum, KU point guard Frank Mason III drove to the rim looking to make a play. As Mason floated under the basket, he attempted to fire a pass toward Kelly Oubre Jr. on the perimeter.

“That summarized the game right there,” said WSU point guard Fred VanVleet, who finished Sunday with 17 points, six rebounds and six assists. “That guy's supposed to be a lottery draft pick and we've got Zach Brown just outworking him and getting the ball. That was big for us. That sums up us. That sums up the game.”

Brown, who said his job on the play was to deny any pass toward his man, got his finger tips on Mason's bullet pass and sent the ball tracking toward mid-court. Oubre appeared to have a step or two lead on Brown in the race to chase it down, but just before the KU freshman could clamp down on the bouncing ball, Brown darted in front of him, poked it away and raced in for an uncontested dunk that put the Shockers up 56-45.

Brown, a 6-foot-6, 213-pound forward from Houston who finished with seven points and three fouls in 13 minutes, downplayed his contribution in the joyous WSU locker room following the game.
              “Everybody made a play out there,” he said. “I won't say that play was the difference, but it was a turning point in the game.”
              I went onto KU's message board, Phog.net, just to see how their fans are handling the loss (and also because I'm a sunnovabitch). They have a thread devoted to this article titled "That guy's supposed to be a lottery draft pick" and it has everyone in agreement with what Fred was saying.
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Speaking of media -- deafening silence from Gottlube.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  SAW THAT. LOVED IT.

Somebody needs to get that on here for all to see.
                  Posted it on Fred's thread!
                  The Assman

Comment

• Here's the video http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...e16053356.html

Comment

• Check out the monumental dumb ass about 20 seconds in, I believe she has about 90 days to take her shirt back to the store...
                      Last edited by bunck; March 23, 2015, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
                        http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news/...state/31957928

Check out the monumental dumb ass about 20 seconds in, I believe she has about 90 days to take her shirt back to the store...
                        Oh my god.
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• They could have won easily, but they didn't try hard, because they didn't think it would be that close. Probably a summa cum laude KU grad.

Comment

• After beating Jayhawks, Wichita State revels in reign as King of Kansas

No telling if he will be around for the next meeting, because it would seem prudent that programs across the country, including one in Austin, Texas, recognize what his team has done and then did to Kansas on Sunday.
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Wichita State Sends Kansas Packing in Long-Awaited Duel

@JasonKingBR: King "Little Brother No More: Wichita State Sends Kansas Packing in Long-Awaited Duel

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...mob-art-mid-22 via @bleacherreport
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Mike and Mike pretty much open with the summary of the game, and pretty effusive over the Shockers...only negative...they echo the 'nothing to gain' mantra about a series...'except for the fans'...

well...isnt that a consideration?

But frankly...I hope Marshall says "NEVER again ask me about playing them...we don't need to"

Comment

Working...
                                X