No announcement yet.

2014-15 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On TruTV, they just showed highlights from our Final Four run.

Comment

• SI prediction: Beat Indiana in the Round of 64, beat Kansas in the Round of 32, beat Butler in the Sweet 16, lose to Kentucky in the Elite Eight

Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
        SI prediction: Beat Indiana in the Round of 64, beat Kansas in the Round of 32, beat Butler in the Sweet 16, lose to Kentucky in the Elite Eight

http://www.si.com/college-basketball...state-shockers
        What did they predict for Iowa St, Baylor and Texas?
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          What did they predict for Iowa St, Baylor and Texas?
          Baylor:
          SI prediction: Beat Georgia State in the Round of 64, beat BYU in the Round of 32, lose to Arizona in the Sweet 16

Iowa State:
          SI prediction: Beat UAB in Round of 64, beat SMU in Round of 32, lose to Gonzaga in Sweet 16

Texas:SI prediction:
          Lose in Round of 64 to Butler
          Last edited by jocoshock; March 19, 2015, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• I dunno where to put this but I guess this will have to do.

I think it's funny that Omaha kids know WSU players by name and see them on SportsCenter all the time and want their autographs. I guess somebody has to make up for the void in that town.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              http://www.kansas.com/sports/article15394742.html

I dunno where to put this but I guess this will have to do.

I think it's funny that Omaha kids know WSU players by name and see them on SportsCenter all the time and want their autographs. I guess somebody has to make up for the void in that town.
              That article has to be like kryptonite to the unstable psyche of the average Blowjay fan in Omaha. I would imagine it would inflict sudden heart murmurs, and indecipherable mutterings wherein the most understandable words out of the verbal diarrhea are "major" and "midmajor" with lots of "but... but" scattered in for good measure.

Comment

http://www.kansas.com/sports/article15394742.html

I dunno where to put this but I guess this will have to do.

Typical KU elitist comment by Gurley at the end. One fan base really wants this game and for the other it's not even on the radar. That's horse crap. Totally dismissing us as an aberration. That's funny Greg. Cuz the national media really wants the game to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                  Typical KU elitist comment by Gurley at the end. One fan base really wants this game and for the other it's not even on the radar. That's horse crap. Totally dismissing us as an aberration. That's funny Greg. Cuz the national media really wants the game to happen.
                  Yah, I thought about mentioning that too. What a d-bag.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• My favorite part is the video in which Lutz says "we can't discount New Mexico State." He was on Talk Angry and when it was brought up that NMSU could give KU a game Lutz basically told the interviewer to stop being ridiculous and wouldn't even take the question seriously. What a docuhebag.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                      My favorite part is the video in which Lutz says "we can't discount New Mexico State." -> He was on Talk Angry and when it was brought up that NMSU could give KU a game Lutz basically told the interviewer to stop being ridiculous and wouldn't even take the question seriously. What a docuhebag.<-
                      he did that same thing on sportstalk with bruce haertl before bradley-kansas in 2006.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                        Unfortunatelty, that is mostly true. In Kansas City the prospect of this game being played is HUGE to everyone but the KU fanbase. They are living in denial to a certain degree. It is still very difficult for them to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                          Unfortunatelty, that is mostly true. In Kansas City the prospect of this game being played is HUGE to everyone but the KU fanbase. They are living in denial to a certain degree. It is still very difficult for them to understand.
                          Kinda like baseball for some of is. I think were all there now though!!!

Comment

D-bag doesn't even begin to describe Gurley. He's had BabyJ's dick up his ass for 25 years. He makes Bob Davis seem even handed. Eff him.

It's interesting that while driving to Omaha I listened to a couple of different KC/Topeka stations and they spent about 50% of their time talking about WSU and KU, and much of that time was spent on how badly they wanted to "shut up" WSU fans and their team, and end this nonsense once and for all. Much of the rest of the time was spent talking about how WSU (and mostly their fan base) was over looking Indiana and that "they better be careful!" and things along that line.

I don't think I heard more than 30 seconds where they were discussing New Mexico State. Pot, meet kettle.

Man, I don't know what we've done to get under their skin so bad. I guess we should just stop winning?

Go Shocks, beat Indiana!

Comment

• I forgot to mention that a good amount of the rest of the time, including several callers, lamented about how losing their #1 recruit and injuries really made them worried about a potential matchup with WSU.

This isn't the "real" KU team it's been for 150 years and it would be unfair if they had to play WSU, not at full strength, not when WSU was down, and not in PAF. You know, not fair.

Comment

User your words Fever. Use your words. :)
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X