2014-15 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
    RockChalkTalk had an exclusive interview with Clark Kellogg this week and asked him about the Shox.

Mike (mikeville): We mentioned Wichita State a little while ago. Do you see Wichita State sticking around for a while, or do you see them more kind of like as a - you know how Butler made the two national title games, and then we haven't heard much from Butler for the last year or two - how do you look at Wichita State?

Clark Kellogg: You know, with the leadership there of Gregg Marshall and his staff, and it all comes down to the players you get. You need leadership on the sideline, clearly, you have to, I mean, all coaches will tell you, you need to have really good players to have championship caliber teams. I think they're going to continue. Wichita State has a really rich basketball history, Gregg Marshall has built on that and has had outstanding recent success. I don't think it's going away. I think it's here to stay. Does that mean Final Fours? I think they're gonna be a player on the national scene for a while, I really do. I just, I think he'll get really good players, coach them up, and develop them. And in basketball, you don't have to be at the, in the power conferences or at the perennial power places to have success. And I think Wichita State will be one of those kind of programs.

http://www.rockchalktalk.com/2014/11/20/7251195/rct-exclusive-interview-clark-kellogg

(Based on the transcript, I initially thought the interviewer interrupted Clark's answer. But I think he cut off the second interviewer to ask his wrap up.)
    Maybe it was posted earlier but Kellogg was on with Shame Dennis a couple of days ago. I didn't catch most of the conversation but he was asked about Baker and VanVleets chances of getting to the NBA. He pegged Baker at 60-40 (this year?) and FVV's at 40-60. Thinks Fred will get a shot from someone based on his IQ, but recognized the physical limitations.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Good article from the game yesterday"

http://www.foxsports.com/kansas-city...he-same-111814
      T
      he three-headed paint monster of the previous season is now a four-headed beast with multiple fouls to give, anchored by Carter and supported by bruising 6-7 forward Shaquille Morris, 6-7 Rashard Kelly and 6-10 Estonian Rauno Nurger -- all true or redshirt freshmen. And swingman Evan Wessel, a long 6-4, is the glue guy, a mess of floor burns, rebounds, pokes, steals and outlet passes.

Comment

• Bump.. During the VCU game they were talking about defenses that press, and described ours as "40 minutes of hell".

Comment

• Baker was the Valley Player of the Week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            Baker was the Valley Player of the Week.

http://www.mvc-sports.com/mbasketbal.../#.VHSuRYvF8k0
            I'm guessing he will win that award quite a few more times before the season is over. Anyone know what the record is for one player in one year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
              I'm guessing he will win that award quite a few more times before the season is over. Anyone know what the record is for one player in one year?
              I don't know if he will. He he got lucky cause Cotton was injured this week. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                I would guess it's held by someone like Tyrise Bryson during a time when the league had very few star-caliber players.

Here's a link to this year's MVC media guide if you want to see if that record is included:

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  I would guess it's held by someone like Tyrise Bryson during a time when the league had very few star-caliber players.

Here's a link to this year's MVC media guide if you want to see if that record is included:
                  Good call.

In a single season, 8 is the record, by McDermott in 2013. 14 is the overall record by Hersey Hawkins. (pg. 189)

Comment

• I thought this was a decent piece, mainly looking at what WSU needs defensively from their newcomers in the post.

Wichita State: Are the Shockers an elite defensive team?

Comment

• That guy had a good idea for an article, and then didn't really go anywhere with it.

Comment

• Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Ron #3 on the current Wooden Watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          I thought this was a decent piece, mainly looking at what WSU needs defensively from their newcomers in the post.

Wichita State: Are the Shockers an elite defensive team?
                          Another good take on the teams current status. It's nice seeing writer's really doing their homework the last few years regarding the Shockers! Also on a sidenote...keep in mind...a lot of stuff that is written nationally will sound like "old-hat" to all you locals simply because you live there reading and breathing Shocker basketball. Outside of Wichita since the Shockers have become so relevant these recent years...these types of articles are fantastic for the program in that the writers are actually taking time to research and study the program's GREATNESS!!!! :)
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• @EnthusiAdams: 12 different players average between 2-5 Rebs/game for Wichita State. I've never seen anything close to that? #shoxandawe new phrase!

Comment

• "The Traveling "Super Bowl" team..."

Salt Lake Tribune - 12-02-14.jpg

Comment

• That never gets old

Comment

Working...
                                X