No announcement yet.

2014-15 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at this picture of Chard and tell me which one is "Chardrack" Lufile (read the CBS sports article)

I think it's the one with the red stalk, but there's a yellow stalk and a white stalk, too. So many choices!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
      "2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks" - NBC Sports

Ha! And Wow! Look who is behind us in the Top 10?
      Well, considering that there were seven more spots behind WSU in the top 10, that would be almost everyone. What I'm wondering is how Kansas even got INTO the top 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
        What I'm wondering is how Kansas even got INTO the top 10.
        Cuz they are on payroll.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          I prefer to say that this year's team may not be as good as last year's team.
          Agreed, im4 (and nice Pelosi story to finish, by the way). It depends on how you define "as good as" -- I'll be extremely surprised if they end up with as good a record, but I expect that assuming the Shocks can stay healthy, the firm of Cotton, Baker, and VanVleet will be better than last year, which is a pretty good start; and it wouldn't surprise me at all if by the end of the season they're harder to beat. I'll definitely be a little disappointed if they aren't still playing deeper into the tournament next March (and April).

Comment

• Rashard Kelly getting noticed:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24773692/-15-college-basketball-preview-20-under-the-radar-freshmen
            Last edited by JB4WSU; October 30, 2014, 05:19 AM.

Comment

• UNC's Marcus Paige, Duke's Jahlil Okafor among Fran Fraschilla and Seth Greenberg's POY picks for 2014-15 - College Basketball

Fraschilla: I love Wright and I think Utah is going to be better because it returns so many guys. But a dark horse for me is Ron Baker from Wichita State. On a team with three outstanding players -- he's joined by a great point guard in Fred VanVleet and defensive stopper in Tekele Cotton -- the one thing Ron has to do this season is make up for the scoring of the departed Cleanthony Early.

Given the fact that he’s going to be a major focus of Wichita State’s offense, I think his ability to score more and replace the production of a guy like Early is going to put him on the map nationally. There’s a golden opportunity for Gregg Marshall to utilize him and allow him to become an 18- to 20-points-per-night scorer on a team that should still be in the top 10 at the end of the season.
              Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

• "Wichita State hosts basketball media day" - KWCH Sports

WATCH: Gregg Marshall talks about his teams preparations for the 2014-15 season

12:00 Minutes Long

Comment

• Good stuff!

On Evan Wessel; he's something like 83-2 in college games in which he has recorded a stat. Similarly good in high school. He's a swing forward that can play the 3 or 4. He's playing better and shooting better this year.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    Good stuff!

On Evan Wessel; he's something like 83-2 in college games in which he has recorded a stat. Similarly good in high school. He's a swing forward that can play the 3 or 4. He's playing better and shooting better this year.
                    Lol
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                      Lol
                      That was like 3 minutes of the talk.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Not sure where this should be paced but here it is....

KWCH in Wichita has promoted Jenn Bates from sports reporter to morning anchor, replacing Kara Sewell.

Comment

• So does this mean Miss Mid-Major will no longer be insulting our program on a regular basis?
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                            So does this mean Miss Mid-Major will no longer be insulting our program on a regular basis?
                            It could mean that or it could mean she knew when to get out because it's going to get harder and harder to keep singing the same tune.

...or it could just mean it was a promotion. No, not that one. I'm going with the second one.

Comment

• I don't see how going from the de facto #1 in sports, to a morning co-anchor spot, is a promotion at all.

KWCH sports has really reached a new low, and the station as a whole is not doing so hot either. There are a multitude of things that make one wonder if a behind-the-scene regime change has happened at that station, because they've really gone downhill over the past couple of years. They are no longer the most polished product in town.
                              Last edited by SHOCKvalue; October 31, 2014, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                                I don't see how going from the de facto #1 in sports, to a morning co-anchor spot, is a promotion at all.
                                I am not sure about any financial considerations, but the hours would be much, Much, MUCH better and absolutely more stable and consistent.
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X