X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      That's NBAker - not N. Baker The capitalization and lack of punctuation and spacing is important.
      Yeah,I caught that before when you did it. It took me a couple minutes to figure out the NBA part of it.

Comment

• Nice user name @Bob Sacamano:. I love your work and you got me through undergrad. Bummer about that malpractice thing. I hope your voice has dropped a couple of octaves.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          That's NBAker - not N. Baker The capitalization and lack of punctuation and spacing is important.
          No, it should be RBAker, because after he dominates the NBA, it will be renamed either the Ron Basketball Association, or the Ron Baker Assn.

Comment

• This could have been posted under:

1. Coach Marshall is a "Rock Star",
            2. Ron Baker is a "Rock Star", or
            3. Wichita State is a 'Rock Star".

Every college basketball coach is only as good as his players. Schemes and set plays can only do so much; for a coach to be successful, he has to have talent and be able to work with that talent effectively...

Comment

• "The Southern's Preseason All-MVC ballot" - Southern Illinois

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                "The Southern's Preseason All-MVC ballot" - Southern Illinois

http://thesouthern.com/sports/colleg...4341f2837.html
                I loved the survey that it made me answer to read this. Answer 1: University of Kansas. Answer 2: extremely dissatisfied.

Comment

• I forgot all about Teddy Hawkins until I read that ranking from the SIU guy. One has to wonder how developed and skilled he may be at this point. He's what... 25 now? Weren't we recruiting him for the 12-13 season originally?

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                    I forgot all about Teddy Hawkins until I read that ranking from the SIU guy. One has to wonder how developed and skilled he may be at this point. He's what... 25 now? Weren't we recruiting him for the 12-13 season originally?
                    Teddy is on the Grant Gibbs tenure track. The difference is that, in his case, he's spending most of his seemingly interminable time outside of college rather than inside.

Comment

• I think Drake will be better than 9th place.

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                        I think Drake will be better than 9th place.
                        I like Drake, but not sure who they overtake. Same with Bradley. They've got a great roster, but they need all of the newbies to step up which I don't think will happen.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                          I forgot all about Teddy Hawkins until I read that ranking from the SIU guy. One has to wonder how developed and skilled he may be at this point. He's what... 25 now? Weren't we recruiting him for the 12-13 season originally?
                          Redbird fans think Teddy is the best player on the team. Of course they thought Lofton would be the best player last year. They already have a decent (if not diminutive) backcourt, and Reggie Lynch in the middle. The addition of wing Akoon-Purcell and mature freshman forwards McIntosh and Hawkins give Muller some real talent.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Everybody likes the kids that haven't played.....you see it EVERY year. "There are at least 3 all conference kids in that freshman class" etc etc.

It's no different with OU and UT football. Every incoming kid is going to start from day 1 and lead the way to the promised land.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Everybody likes the kids that haven't played.....you see it EVERY year. "There are at least 3 all conference kids in that freshman class" etc etc.

It's no different with OU and UT football. Every incoming kid is going to start from day 1 and lead the way to the promised land.
                              100% agree. For every 10 projected studs, 1 is really good, 2 are pretty good from day 1, and 3 become good eventually. That leaves about 4 complete busts.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                                100% agree. For every 10 projected studs, 1 is really good, 2 are pretty good from day 1, and 3 become good eventually. That leaves about 4 complete busts.
                                I was wondering if @WstateU: could clarify what a complete bust is.

Comment

Working...
                                X