No announcement yet.

2014-15 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we are the fifth best offense in the nation look out because I think our defense is going to be a lot better than our offense!
    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
      If we are the fifth best offense in the nation look out because I think our defense is going to be a lot better than our offense!
      If I recall correctly we were in top 10 for adjusted offense AND defense in kenpom. com most of last season.
      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Guys....seriously....what the hell happened??? My beloved Shockers are where I believed should've ALWAYS been the last 30 years!!!! The program and support is finally being rewarded again this past decade. Remember that quote from that coach from that little ole school from Los Angeles??? What did he say appx. 15-20 years ago now???...."Wichita St. is a Sleeping Giant." Yeah that what's we're talking about!!!! :)
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• "2014-15 MVC coaches' poll" - ESPN

Jeff Goodman polls coaches from around the Missouri Valley to get their preseason take on the league order, player of the year, most talented team and more heading into the 2014-15 campaign.

I don't have access to ESPN Insider, so someone else will have tell us who is finishing in what order behind the Wichita State Shockers.

Kem Pomeroy previews the 2014-15 season in the MWC, tagging the San Diego State Aztecs as the conference favorites.

Comment

• "2014-15 Michigan Preview: the Guards" - SB*Nation

It is a great day for Shocker Fans when the article is about the BIG10, BUT WE MUST FIRST TALK ABOUT WICHITA STATE.

Comment

• The time has definitely come for the word SLEEPING to be removed forever upon describing the WSU BB program.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                "2014-15 MVC coaches' poll" - ESPN

Jeff Goodman polls coaches from around the Missouri Valley to get their preseason take on the league order, player of the year, most talented team and more heading into the 2014-15 campaign.

1. Wichita State Shockers - 150 (15)

2. Northern Iowa Panthers - 134

3. Missouri State Bears - 109

4. Illinois State Redbirds - 102

5. Evansville Aces - 81

6. Indiana State Sycamores - 72

7. Southern Illinois Salukis - 57

8. Bradley Braves - 49

9. Drake Bulldogs - 38

10. Loyola (Ill.) Ramblers - 33

I don't have access to ESPN Insider, so someone else will have tell us who is finishing in what order behind the Wichita State Shockers.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-coll...ley-conference
                1. Wichita State Shockers | 2. Northern Iowa Panthers | 3. Southern Illinois Salukis | 4. Illinois State Redbirds | 5. Indiana State Sycamores | 6. Evansville Aces | 7. Missouri State Bears | 8. Loyola (IL) Ramblers | 9. Bradley Braves | 10. Drake Bulldogs
                Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

• Originally posted by RussDaBus View Post
                  1. Wichita State Shockers | 2. Northern Iowa Panthers | 3. Southern Illinois Salukis | 4. Illinois State Redbirds | 5. Indiana State Sycamores | 6. Evansville Aces | 7. Missouri State Bears | 8. Loyola (IL) Ramblers | 9. Bradley Braves | 10. Drake Bulldogs
                  I am kind of surprised at the lack of respect that Evansville is getting in some of these preseason polls. I expect them to finish somewhere between 3rd and 5th in the MVC. Am I on an island?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                    I am kind of surprised at the lack of respect that Evansville is getting in some of these preseason polls. I expect them to finish somewhere between 3rd and 5th in the MVC. Am I on an island?
                    Nah, you're right that they definitely should finish in that range. I think it's tough for some writers and coaches to actually pencil them into the upper division though- kinda like the one year every decade when Fordham is supposed to not suck.

Then they still suck.

Comment

• Evan Wessel will be a critical piece for Wichita State.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                        Evan Wessel will be a critical piece for Wichita State.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-...needs?v=1&vc=1
                        From the article:
                        The million- dollar question surrounding Wichita State this year is simple -- who winds up as this team's fifth starter alongside Fred VanVleet, Rob Baker, Tekele Cotton and Darius Carter?
                        What does he have to do for people to get his name right?
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          From the article:

What does he have to do for people to get his name right?
                          Even people on this board can't get it right. I've seen, with increasing regularity I might add, people calling him N. Baker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Sacamano View Post
                            Even people on this board can't get it right. I've seen, with increasing regularity I might add, people calling him N. Baker.
                            +1000. Top post of the day!

Comment

• That's NBAker - not N. Baker The capitalization and lack of punctuation and spacing is important.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Please check your meter.

Comment

Working...
                                X