Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIAP
    FVV B/R Kudos:
    With pressure increasing to become super-scorers like Chris Paul or Derrick Rose, college basketball point guards can too easily get overlooked if they don’t put tons of points on the board...

Comment

I'll bet every f*****g article the BELCHER report has ever written about WSU or it's players has included the phrase "mid-major". Like they just can't resist the idea of saying; we know WSU isn't one of the big boys, but we'll throw the small timers a bone anyway. The stupid b******s even left TC off of their "Top 20 Defensive Stoppers" list.

I don't know why I keep reading these BELCHER report links. All they seem to do is piss me off. The again, I guess even bad pub is better than no pub at all.
      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

How can Cotton not be listed in the BR Top 20 defensive stoppers? That's absurd.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...all-in-2014-15
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
          They have Fred WAY to low at 19. The succeeding article was on defensive stoppers and they totally missed Cotton.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Maybe it was because TC goes beyond a stopper. He makes players cry. He is Heisenberg. HE is the danger. HE is the one who knocks.
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
              They have Fred WAY to low at 19. The succeeding article was on defensive stoppers and they totally missed Cotton.
              I think they were building up from 22.

He's 3rd on their list.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                I think they were building up from 22.

He's 3rd on their list.
                It's about as clear as mud, but you must be right. I can't imagine that even a trash publication like BR would have Troy Caupain of Cincinnati as their #3 pick.

Speaking of Cincy, that would be a nice addition to a future Shocker NonCon sked.
                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                  I'll bet every f*****g article the BELCHER report has ever written about WSU or it's players has included the phrase "mid-major". Like they just can't resist the idea of saying; we know WSU isn't one of the big boys, but we'll throw the small timers a bone anyway. The stupid b******s even left TC off of their "Top 20 Defensive Stoppers" list.

I don't know why I keep reading these BELCHER report links. All they seem to do is piss me off. The again, I guess even bad pub is better than no pub at all.
                  Wait until you read Lindey's

TC should have certainly been on the defensive stoppers list.

Comment

As for all of this "leaving" chatter, I am reminded of a useful iteration of the Serenity prayer attributed to Reinhold Niebuhr.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                    Courage to change the things I can, and the
                    Wisdom to know the difference.

Go Shocks! (this part was added by me)
                    Last edited by DUShock; September 9, 2014, 12:26 PM. Reason: To correct citation error.
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                      Wait until you read Lindey's

TC should have certainly been on the defensive stoppers list.
                      I hope the inside of Lindy's is a whole lot better than the outside. If it's not, I may be forced to hit'em with a hate and filth laden email for that slap in the face cover with the tiny FVV and the big chickenhawk, mildcat, misery and cretin players. As if FVV was a little afterthought, when in fact, FVV is bigger and bolder than those other four players combined. Those darn Lindy's boys could use a dose of reality.
                      :highly_amused:
                      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                        As for all of this "leaving" chatter, I am reminded of a useful iteration of the St Francis prayer.

No, I'm pretty sure that "Go Shocks" was a sentiment completely shared by St. Francis.
                        The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                          As for all of this "leaving" chatter, I am reminded of a useful iteration of the St Francis prayer.

Reinhold Niebuhr

I know a lot about this prayer for 27 years.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

RDR you continue to amaze me with your knowlege.

Comment

ESPN’s College Basketball Future Power Rankings took into consideration coaching, current talent, program power and the stability of programs. While those clearly make sense when evaluating a school's outlook in the coming seasons, I would have also liked to see facilities, conference reach, fan ownership and institutional commitment play into the equation.

Top 25 Future Programs. We got snubbed!

Too low: Wichita State Shockers (No. 38)

Wichita State is no flash in the pan. The squad has won 92 games over the last three years, tied with Syracuse for the second-most wins in that time period. The Shockers have earned three consecutive NCAA bids, advanced to the Final Four in 2012-13 and finished last regular season undefeated, earning a No. 1 seed in the process. Despite playing in what is considered a mid-major league (the Missouri Valley Conference), there is nothing mid-major about the Shockers. Coach Gregg Marshall is well-compensated, and their facilities are first class. Wichita State practices in a state-of-the-art practice facility and competes in the renovated Koch Arena in front of sellout crowds of 10,506 passionate fans. The team travels by charter, and its budget takes a back seat to no one.

Anyone who sees Marshall looking to leave the program doesn’t know his pedigree. His two mentors -- Hal Nunnally from Randolph-Macon and John Kresse from College of Charleston -- stayed at their schools for 24 and 23 years, respectively. Marshall has turned down ACC, SEC and Big Ten jobs to remain at Wichita. The opportunities that would interest him would be top-two jobs in power conferences, and I don’t expect them to be available in the near future. Marshall is the total package. He’s a gifted coach who relates to and connects with his players, and is a terrific evaluator of talent. Marshall doesn’t just see a player -- he anticipates what the player could be down the road. He knows the type of player that fits his system and personality. Wichita State is a top-20 program with the potential during any given year to make a deep run in the NCAA tournament.
                              Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

If you're not on the East Coast......it seems to take a minimum of a generation (15-25 years) to get the national notoriety. I remember how long it seemed for even Kansas to get that notoriety back in the 80's. It took the National Championship way back in 1988 for them to start getting much national respect (again). They cheated sure and were promptly put on probation after the '88 NC......but it put them on the map to begin the process of national respect. Much like the Oklahoma football program prior the 1990's. Cheat...win...probation....national respect.
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X