No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: 2014-15 National Poll Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What? No AP vote for Gotlube or Matty "I invented the White out"?

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      Soren Petro - 8
      Steve Pivovar - 9
      Tom Keegan - 8
      KC/Lawrence media, and the OWH Creighton beat writer giving us stronger than average votes. Kind of shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
        What? No AP vote for Gotlube or Matty "I invented the White out"?
        After becoming too big for Omaha, Matty P became a signature personality on the New Hampshire sports scene (or as Matty P likes to call it: the "Boston area.") The quiet state of New Hampshire was unable to handle the genius that is Matty P so they had to send him packing. He has been unemployed since May.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          KC/Lawrence media, and the OWH Creighton beat writer giving us stronger than average votes. Kind of shocked.
          I think Pivovar has always been solid and evaluated WSU fairly. I've never had a problem with the opinions of any of the current/former MVC beat writers. There's a reason a lot of the national publications have and do use Pivovar and Suellentrop.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            There's a reason a lot of the national publications have and do use Pivovar and Suellentrop.
            Payola? :biggrin-new:
            "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Seems like they fell asleep today.

Comment

No movement for us in the AP Poll as you'd expect (UNI received 1 vote and is now solidly bubble-in however). We did slip 2 spots to #13 in the DOBO/SID/unpaid intern errrrr Coaches Poll.

Comment

As near as I can tell, WSU is one of only 3 Top 25 teams to play a team that finished in the Top 100 last year. Naturally we would drop in the poll. Makes total sense.

Luckily we have a chance at a big quality loss tomorrow that could really change our momentum.

Comment

I can see why Villanova would jump us, with their resounding 77-66 victory over powerhouse Lehigh.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• #10 in the Coaches poll

Comment

• Find the complete NCAAM Final Rankings rankings on ESPN. Includes the full votes and trend for the top 25 NCAAM teams.

That's up from 13 last week. Gained 20 points.

The "Also Receiving Votes" is a Who's Who of guaranteed or possible WSU opponents. (UNI, Memphis, George Washington, Nebraska, Utah, Colorado)

Comment

• #9 in the AP.

Comment

• #9 in AP poll this week

Find the 2023-24 NCAAM rankings on ESPN, including the Coaches and AP poll for the top 25 NCAAM teams.

Comment

• Gained 118 points in the AP.

Good upward mobility for a week in which we played a DII team. Thanks KU and Florida!

Comment

• 4 out of the top 15 from non-BCS conferences. Unfortunately they are all 9 through 15.
                                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
                                X