Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id rather hire Steve Eck than Sampson or Cohen

Comment

Obviously there are only a few General fans in this forum... the 900+ wins arent appealing to you fans? A lot of complaining about this year and how we arent winning games. So bringing one of the top 5 coaches of all time isn't good enough for us? I'd take him in a heart beat IF Marshall left... but he isn't so whats the big deal. Everyone is taking this a lil too seriously, its just a WHAT IF? lol so lighten up and just think what it'd be like if Marshall left and we did get the General....

I'd say good post game quotes, good recruits, great atmosphere, more national media coverage, good chair tossing, good sedgwick county cop beatings, every kid graduating, some leaving because they cant deal with knights wild and outrageous at times coaching styles, shirts saying "It's Knight Time"... you guys wouldnt want that? crazy. I want marshall to stay and think the next few years are going to be exciting BUT WHAT IF he left... it's fun to think about.
      Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

I would rather have....

1. Kelvin Sampson
        2. Eddie Fogler
        3. Jeffrey Dahmer
        4. Bobby Knight

Comment

Just wondering why Sampson is on the top of a few people's lists? I liked what he did at OU but the repeated recruiting violations is just not good for a mid major program like us as well as any school. This yr proves what happens when you only have about 8 scholarship players playing.
          Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Sampson's methods work well until you get caught then worse well the second time and the third and forth... :whistle:

Comment

I think Knight would be great here!

As an assistant.

Comment

Originally posted by small tyme baller
                Just wondering why Sampson is on the top of a few people's lists? I liked what he did at OU but the repeated recruiting violations is just not good for a mid major program like us as well as any school. This yr proves what happens when you only have about 8 scholarship players playing.
                Nobody WANTS Sampson, but given the choice between a nice guy who can't follow the rules and a total A$$ who wins games.........

Knight is a disgrace and that won't change if he wins 9,000 games......

Plus, even if he did come to a school like WSU, he would pull a Huggins and leave after a year....

I would rather freeze myself until he's gone than be conscious while he roams the Campus.... Not being a Shocker fan is not an option for me....

:posterwu: :posterwu: :posterwu: :posterwu: :posterwu:
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock
                  Originally posted by small tyme baller
                  Nobody WANTS Sampson, but given the choice between a nice guy who can't follow the rules and a total A$$ who wins games.........

Knight is a disgrace and that won't change if he wins 9,000 games......

Plus, even if he did come to a school like WSU, he would pull a Huggins and leave after a year....

I would rather freeze myself until he's gone than be conscious while he roams the Campus.... Not being a Shocker fan is not an option for me....

:posterwu: :posterwu: :posterwu: :posterwu: :posterwu:
                  Fortunately for all of us Joco, we won't ever have to experience it.

1. Marshall
                  2. Marshall
                  3. Marshall

Oh, but we already have him as coach! How convenient!

:clap:

Comment

If for some reason we had an opening I wouldn't object to Coach Knight. I have mad respect for that man. His players love him and he wins games. He's not perfect, but he's not as bad as the media has made him out to be.

But it doesn't matter as Marshall is our man and THE man here at the U.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Maybe the Laurie family is going to open their pockets at Missouri State to land Bob Knight? Their relatives have been know in the past to throw their Wal-Mart money around at Mizzou. This is the only way Missouri State gets a coach with any proven record. I remember reading last year how the University couldn't afford to fire Hinson so I imagine things have not changed down there.

Comment

Originally posted by shockar25
                        I don't want any coach at WSU that leaves his team in the middle of the season. I think it's not very classy--especially under the guise of 'I just can't do it anymore' (what he was quoted as saying to his TT staff). I think it sounds like he's burnt out and we don't need that here.

The Valley has been a league of coaches on the rise (of course there have been some 'misses' and some exceptions), and I would really hate for it to become a league where the old coaches go to finish their careers--a geriatric graveyard.

No thanks. I'll take coach Marshall any day.
                        His is a different circumstance. Everyone knew that his son Pat would be taking over the program. In the case of this season, with nothing for Texas Tech to play for, Knight decided to let go of the reins early to allow his son to get a head start.

There is nothing wrong with that. If Knight did not already have a successor in waiting I don't think he "retires" in mid-season.

Comment

I see what you're saying, but I still don't like it. From what I heard, he told his staff that "I just can't do it anymore". Well, if that's the case, then maybe he needs to stay out of coaching for awhile until he truly feels he 'can' do it. Taking a coaching job immediately or soon after a statement like that sounds like he was just looking for an excuse to leave THAT job, in which case he should've honored his committment.

Also, even if what you said was true, and he was letting his son take over a little early--I still disagree with the timing. I think it's only fair for the team for him to stay until the end of that season. I don't see why giving his son an extra 1/2 (Actually more like 1/4) season is going to help.

I guess it doesn't really matter anyway, 'cause he isn't coming here (thank goodness).

Comment

Working...
                          X