X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock
    Originally posted by MadDog
    Royal,
    I'm absolutely positive it was WSU. They also talked a lot about Turgeon's time here in the same conversation.
    In that case, I suppose Keitzman is one of those dolts who just assumes HCGM is headed to USC.

I don't think KK has given one thought as to GM and South Carolina. His point is that Wichita State is the perfect type of place for Knight to land. Great fanbase that's fanatical about basketball, coaches conference, no blue star recruits, etc. He actually has a point. Knight could very well end up at a Mo Valley level school if he still wants to get back into it.

Comment

I could imagine Bobby smacking around some Miss State Bears for missing a layup and they pissed in their shorts, kinda like how Bill walker did earlier this year

Comment

Royal,
        I'm absolutely positive it was WSU. They also talked a lot about Turgeon's time here in the same conversation.
        Has anybody seen Danny Ainge? If Ainge is involved...

Comment

RipEmUpShox is not alone. I bet most of us feel that way.
          In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU
            I better get into the folding chair business.
            Why would you want to do that?

(It wasn't a folding chair he tossed :D )

Comment

Originally posted by 7hottamales
              Originally posted by RoyalShock
              Royal,
              In that case, I suppose Keitzman is one of those dolts who just assumes HCGM is headed to USC.

I don't think KK has given one thought as to GM and South Carolina. His point is that Wichita State is the perfect type of place for Knight to land. Great fanbase that's fanatical about basketball, coaches conference, no blue star recruits, etc. He actually has a point. Knight could very well end up at a Mo Valley level school if he still wants to get back into it.
              Actually, I caught KK talking the day after Bobby stepped down. At that time, he was pretty clear that he expected HCGM to move on and was discussing the possibility of Knight coming here.

Let's face it, KK has no clue about anything in Wichita and very little clue about anything else in the world of sports.

Comment

I guess if HCGM does choose to move on, it could be fun to have the General here.

Comment

I don't want any coach at WSU that leaves his team in the middle of the season. I think it's not very classy--especially under the guise of 'I just can't do it anymore' (what he was quoted as saying to his TT staff). I think it sounds like he's burnt out and we don't need that here.

The Valley has been a league of coaches on the rise (of course there have been some 'misses' and some exceptions), and I would really hate for it to become a league where the old coaches go to finish their careers--a geriatric graveyard.

No thanks. I'll take coach Marshall any day.

Comment

South Carolina's not going to hire a coach who is tied for last in his conference...That's the good news out of all this misery

Comment

True OT.

Comment

I don't think Marshall is going anywhere, at least after this season. If he were to leave and Knight came here people that get bent out of shape about how Marshall talks to players would have heart attacks.

Comment

well marshall told garrett that if he was planning on leaving he would let him know so he consider other options. i think marshalls a man of his word.
                          "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                          CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

I believe the odds of Knight coming to coach basketball at Wichita State are about as good as Bill Parcels coming to coach football at Wichita State.
                            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                              I believe the odds of Knight coming to coach basketball at Wichita State are about as good as Bill Parcels coming to coach football at Wichita State.
                              So you're saying there's a chance? :D

Comment

I would have to cryogenically freeze myself if Knight became the Shocker coach.

I would rather Kelvin Sampson....(just kidding) or bring back Mike Cohen (not kidding)
                                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                                X