Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will start for the Shockers against Memphis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The poll is for who starts against Memphis not Northwoody. I expect him to go bigger after he sees which big plays big under the big lights.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Starting Wessel doesn't surprise me but as the season goes on Evans minutes and how high our ceiling is have an inverse correlation in my mind.
      THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

• Originally posted by William View Post
        Starting Wessel doesn't surprise me but as the season goes on Evans minutes and how high our ceiling is have an inverse correlation in my mind.
        Evan's win-loss record would suggest otherwise.
        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
          Evan's win-loss record would suggest otherwise.
          Yeah it does, but you need to trust me on this one Steeleshocker.

You can call me Bill

Comment

Starting Wessel doesn't surprise me but as the season goes on Evans minutes and how high our ceiling is have an inverse correlation in my mind.
            That depends entirely on whether Evan finds his shot or not. He plays great defense, rebounds, gets the team extra possessions, so if he is also a threat to score, he could legitimately earn minutes on a good team (although hopefully transitioning to minutes at the 3 not the 4). If he continues to struggle with his shot, him getting big minutes is more of a problem since it means more offensively skilled players have failed to figure out how to play defense effectively.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
              That depends entirely on whether Evan finds his shot or not. He plays great defense, rebounds, gets the team extra possessions, so if he is also a threat to score, he could legitimately earn minutes on a good team (although hopefully transitioning to minutes at the 3 not the 4). If he continues to struggle with his shot, him getting big minutes is more of a problem since it means more offensively skilled players have failed to figure out how to play defense effectively.
              This is where im at, the only difference is I don't think he will ever shoot well.

You can call me Bill

Comment

• If Evan gets the majority of his minutes at the 4, we are not going to experience the euphoric success of last year. I am hoping his minutes mainly come from the 3 which is his natural position. I applaud his hustle, smarts, team orientation, etc. They don't, in the long run, make up for pure size.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                  If Evan gets the majority of his minutes at the 4, we are not going to experience the euphoric success of last year. I am hoping his minutes mainly come from the 3 which is his natural position. I applaud his hustle, smarts, team orientation, etc. They don't, in the long run, make up for pure size.
                  True. Whether he finds his shot or not, him playing at the 4 long term is probably going to be an issue.
                  Originally posted by BleacherReport
                  Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Yeah it does, but you need to trust me on this one Steeleshocker.
                    William's an idiot. Don't trust him.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                      William's an idiot. Don't trust him.
                      I know you're just joking cuz.............. You don't want to go to waaaaaaaaaaar, wid da Willllllllllllllliammm.

You can call me Bill

Comment

• It might not happen to start the season, but Nurger looks like he'll be the fifth starter before long.

That's my opinion at least. I have heard great things all summer and fall about him, aside from what I have seen on the court.
                        The Assman

Comment

• Nurger's game is very, very far along for a freshman. I could not have been happier with his (and Rashard's) performance.

Comment

• I like a 4 man rotation for point and wings of Fred,Ron,Tekele,and Rian
                            and 4 for 2 big rotation of Carter, Bush,Nurg, and Kelly.

littles are awesome
                            bigs have serious potential, but aren't on last years level just yet Carter,Coleby,Lufile, and Cle.

You can call me Bill

Comment

• Is it really all that important who will start? Isn't who the make up of the 10-man rotation the more important and relative issue? Especially if we are concerned about how far we can go as a team.

Also lineups and rotations can be impacted by lineups and foul trouble as well.

Comment

• I think it will eventually be Nurger or Bush at the fifth spot, but both will get plenty of minutes based on what I saw today. Kelly will also play a lot. What I noticed is those guys move well on the pick and roll and making cuts to the basket at the right time. They all showed good hands and made good moves to the basket in traffic. There won't be a whole lot of traditional post up offense. Shaq and Glass are the odd men out right now on the rotation, imo.
                                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Working...
                                X