Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will start for the Shockers against Memphis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    True, and I love all those guys....but let's not for 1 minute confuse Hall, Stutz and Durley with the 34th pick in the draft.
    Agreed. There is also a generally higher likelihood that some new recruits and guys on this current roster could reach those same heights. That's pretty fun.

Comment

The one thing in our favor this year is that we return an All-American and have another on some pre-season lists.

Also, I checked it out and Carl Hall was a 2nd team all conference pick.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        True, and I love all those guys....but let's not for 1 minute confuse Hall, Stutz and Durley with the 34th pick in the draft.
        But those teams also didn't have the potential top 20 pick if he comes out and an All-American PG. They also didn't have Tekele.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
          But those teams also didn't have the potential top 20 pick if he comes out and an All-American PG. They also didn't have Tekele.
          Correct, IMO the talent on this Shocker Roster will by mid-season have moved posters on this board beyond the loss of CE; in fact, I think we currently have talent on the Shocker Roster that will in the coming years be drafted in the first round of the NBA draft. And joy-of-joys the Shocker Team will consistently produce first team All American selections. You just have to believe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
            Correct, IMO the talent on this Shocker Roster will by mid-season have moved posters on this board beyond the loss of CE; in fact, I think we currently have talent on the Shocker Roster that will in the coming years be drafted in the first round of the NBA draft. And joy-of-joys the Shocker Team will consistently produce first team All American selections. You just have to believe!!
            And even if they don't consistently produce first team All American selections, they'll still produce first team All American talent.

Comment

I must agree with the Dr here in saying that things in the beginning of the season will likely not be smoothe. Replacing a consensus all-american is not easy, even though there will likely be two more on this years team. You had a guy in Early that CONSTANTLY had to be accounted for when he ran pick and rolls or ran in transition. Not saying that FVV didn't have anything to do with that, because he most certainly did, but it's not as simple as some might think. Early was a "walking mismatch" and its true. The rest of our players aren't really mis-matches athletically at their position. Though an argument could be made for Bakers bulk over most other 2-guards in the country. FVV struggled to get his shot off against the Harrison twins in the game in St. Louis even though he dominated as a PG in that game. If WSU is counting on FVV to get them 15-20 PPG there might be a couple of games where he might not be able to do that so the offense is going to have to come elsewhere. Last year, that number of points needed to be accounted by someone somewhere else in the offense was much less due to Cle's scoring.

Replacing the attention Cle got on defense and his ability to BOTH suck defenders into the paint when he was posting up and stretch the floor when he was on the perimeter will be greatly missed.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

The Harrison's are big and athletic, but Louisville and UCONN both won the National Championship with smaller than average guards.

I think Siva, Smith, Napier and Boatright all did pretty well against the NCAA field.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

The Harrison twins are the exception to size that FVV will face. The point remains, however that a two man show won't get us to our goal.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                    Replacing the attention Cle got on defense and his ability to BOTH suck defenders into the paint when he was posting up and stretch the floor when he was on the perimeter will be greatly missed.
                    This will certainly be the biggest challenge facing Coach Marshall and staff. Changes the entire dynamic of how you approach things offensively if you can't replace that facet of Cle's game. That in and of itself is not necessarily bad, but it will be different (and who knows it could be bad to some degree).

Comment

• I took a look at the major MVC awards (1st Team, 2nd Team, & 3rd Team) for the previous seasons just to remind me what we had accomplished.

none

1st Team - Clevin Hannah
                      3rd Team - Toure' Murry

1st Team - J.T. Durley
                      2nd Team - Toure' Murry

1st Team - Garrett Stutz
                      1st Team - Joe Ragland
                      3rd Team - Toure' Murry

1st Team - Cleanthony Early
                      2nd Team - Carl Hall
                      3rd Team - Malcolm Armstead

1st Team - Ron Baker
                      1st Team - Fred VanVleet
                      2nd Team - Tekele Cotton

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                        I took a look at the major MVC awards (1st Team, 2nd Team, & 3rd Team) for the previous seasons just to remind me what we had accomplished.

none

1st Team - Clevin Hannah
                        3rd Team - Toure' Murry

1st Team - J.T. Durley
                        2nd Team - Toure' Murry

1st Team - Garrett Stutz
                        1st Team - Joe Ragland
                        3rd Team - Toure' Murry

2nd Team - Carl Hall
                        3rd Team - Malcolm Armstead

1st Team - Ron Baker
                        1st Team - Fred VanVleet
                        2nd Team - Tekele Cotton
                        That's a great list!
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Murry. Ha. This league is so bush.

Comment

• Cle's absence leaves more shots for Baker, FVV. I like more shots for Baker, FVV.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                              Cle's absence leaves more shots for Baker, FVV. I like more shots for Baker, FVV.
                              That is true but the defense also know it so it ends up leaving fewer open looks for Baker and FVV.
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Fred, Ron, TC, Carter, Bush...................significant minutes by Nurger, Kelly, Wessel and Brown.

Comment

Working...
                                X