Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I out of the loop regarding Eric Hamilton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All this talk reminds me of the same rumors about Graham Hatch tranferring, Evan Wessel paying his own way, etc. Nothing has ever been reported about Eric going to Sunrise, it's all been pure message board speculation. As far as we know, he's going to be a freshman on scolarship at WSU.

Comment

As far as we know, we have 14 guys and 13 'ships. Don't compute.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Do we know for a fact that Eric is participating in the organized portion of the off-season practices? If he is, then that would be an indication he will be at WSU this year, although probably taking a redshirt. Can he participate in these pre-season organized workouts and still decidre to go the Prep route? I don't know. I think it is pretty clear that he can play in the pick-up games without impacting his alternatives.
        I believe that if he signed a financial aid agreement (he did) and if he graduated (I assume he did) then he can participate in summer work outs. If he enrolls and is cleared academically then the Shockers are obligated to give him a schollie.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Nothing has ever been reported about Eric going to Sunrise, it's all been pure message board speculation.
          I don't think message board speculation and discussion of potential options are going to stop until we have confirmation of exactly what Eric's status is.

What we do know is that we a appear to be 1-over the scholarship limit. The speculation and discussion on Eric will stop once the resolution to the question is reported on.

Plus it's the off-season. The primordial soup for message board speculation and discussion of things relevant and not-so-relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            I believe that if he signed a financial aid agreement (he did) and if he graduated (I assume he did) then he can participate in summer work outs. If he enrolls and is cleared academically then the Shockers are obligated to give him a schollie.
            Forgive my ignorance but is an LOI and a Financial Aid Agreement the same thing or are those two separate things? Seems like I read somewhere that an LOI was not a Financial Aid Agreement.

I know he has signed an LOI that has been reported. How do you know he has signed an FAA (assuming they are not one and the same)?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Forgive my ignorance but is an LOI and a Financial Aid Agreement the same thing or are those two separate things? Seems like I read somewhere that an LOI was not a Financial Aid Agreement.

I know he has signed an LOI that has been reported. How do you know he has signed an FAA (assuming they are not one and the same)?
              I think you're right. I believe those are two separate things.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Simple, yet not complete explanation.

An LOI and financial aid package are two completely separate things. By NCAA rule, it is illegal to grant financial aid prior to a recruit sign a national LOI. Schools can offer financial aid, but cannot sign a financial aid agreement until the student athlete does sign his or her LOI. Whether or not a student athlete, who qualifies for an academic scholarship, counts toward the scholarship limit, is very dicey. That is best left up to the compliance office. If a coach recruited a kid, usually, but not always, he will count.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

If anyone here ISN'T out of the loop, DSB, and he reveals inside information that he got as a result, I strongly suspect he soon WILL be out of the loop -- probably for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                    If anyone here ISN'T out of the loop, DSB, and he reveals inside information that he got as a result, I strongly suspect he soon WILL be out of the loop -- probably for a long time.
                    Agreed.

Comment

Let me explain myself a little more thoroughly here. I myself do not have any connections to the inside, but I have some family members, one in particular, with close connections (he is a close friend of the boss himself). I heard the rumor from another family member who has better connections than I do (he is more closely related to 3G's friend than I am), but not as good as those of afore-mentioned friend of the boss. So I really was torn as to whether I should believe the rumor or not.

Comment

Snopes
                        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Coach is a crafty guy. He sometimes floats wierd info just to see how far it will go. I love this about him.

It wasnt that long ago when he made a comnent to me about a recruit that went to another school. Big time recruit that went to another school. Helped lead that team to a Final Four. Ran into him in New Orleans at the Final Four, and I was wearing a "Flying W" hat. He approached ME and said "Wichita St? I wanted to go there!" I asked what happened, he said " I wasnt willing to work hard enough at the time"

While I never was able to find ANYTHING with him and Wichita St together, I learned that Coach is a crafty and smart man. You have to feed to beast (us fans) to keep our fire burning, and he finds ways to do that without giving away to much.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                            Coach is a crafty guy. He sometimes floats wierd info just to see how far it will go. I love this about him.

It wasnt that long ago when he made a comnent to me about a recruit that went to another school. Big time recruit that went to another school. Helped lead that team to a Final Four. Ran into him in New Orleans at the Final Four, and I was wearing a "Flying W" hat. He approached ME and said "Wichita St? I wanted to go there!" I asked what happened, he said " I wasnt willing to work hard enough at the time"

While I never was able to find ANYTHING with him and Wichita St together, I learned that Coach is a crafty and smart man. You have to feed to beast (us fans) to keep our fire burning, and he finds ways to do that without giving away to much.
                            Love this kind of inside information. Keep it coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Evan Ravenel?
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                              X