not old enough to remember

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
    Don't forget the camel races at football games.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
      Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders packed the stadium. Still have slides of those girls packed away somewhere.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Last edited by WstateU; July 18, 2014, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
              I remember going to WSU football to see the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders! I couldn't tell you who we played or what the final score was, or anything else about the game, but I remember those cheerleaders to this day. Heady stuff for a high school boy back in those days!
              We played Memphis and lost 28-14 as I recall. I remember it was quite windy that day.
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Great looking uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Did you make FVV your qb?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    OK. It's been a long time now, but I don't recall it being the "Smithson NCAA investigation". Yes, Smithson was the coach at the time of the investigation, but most of the damning items were from the Harry Miller era. From my recollection, the biggest item against Smithson, if you want to call it that, was Ozell Jones' doctored HS transcript which the HS said WSU knew nothing about.
                    Your memory is correct. I call it the Smithson investigation due to the era, not necessarily the coach at fault. Still, I believe it was used as a way to show Ted the door by those who wanted less marketing/promotion as they thought this brought undue attention to the program from the NCAA. Personally, I believe it was KU who launched the investigation after losing in the tourney to us as well as losing recruiting wars for Greg D., etc. Sore losers.

Comment

I loved the SSS. I can remember video taping those games on the Sony Beta-Max and watching Antoine's 360 about a million times in a row. I think the Coach's show was on that feed as well. Good times.

No HD....bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        I loved the SSS. I can remember video taping those games on the Sony Beta-Max and watching Antoine's 360 about a million times in a row. I think the Coach's show was on that feed as well. Good times.

No HD....bad times.
                        BetaMax and the Shocker Channel. Now that brings back some memories. I believe the old Shocker Channel even showed a bunch of reruns of each game before they televised the next game. And BetaMax, that was reserved for the great thinkers who cared about picture quality. VHS was for the lowly masses who didn't know sh*t from shinola about video, and didn't care. All they cared about was recording an entire movie without having to slap in a new tape halfway through. Dolts! :p

So here's to BetaMax and Shinola:

"Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

No, it wasn't KU that initiated the NCAA investigation. At the time, word was it was a doctor from the east side of Wichita that tipped the NCAA off. Evidently, he was close to some players that were pre-Smithson recruits that had soured on the program. It was straight vendetta against Smithson. Lesson is you can never allow a booster to get TOO CLOSE to the program.

Comment

Originally posted by ciaomichael View Post
                            No, it wasn't KU that initiated the NCAA investigation. At the time, word was it was a doctor from the east side of Wichita that tipped the NCAA off. Evidently, he was close to some players that were pre-Smithson recruits that had soured on the program. It was straight vendetta against Smithson. Lesson is you can never allow a booster to get TOO CLOSE to the program.
                            I was under the impression that the Doctor was a KU alum.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              I was under the impression that the Doctor was a KU alum.
                              Six degrees of KU, everything can be linked back to KU :)
                              I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                              If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post

That doesn't look like Shinola to me. Of course, I've been told I don't know the substance I was looking at in the toilet from Shinola.

Comment

Working...
                                X