Cleanthony Early to the New York Knicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
    Yeah, uh literally no one is saying this should be the response. Literally no one.

Dude that sucks! Sorry to hear some punk took advantage of your mistake. I hope they catch the assclown.

Being nice isn't hard. Being understanding isn't hard. Not being a pompous jackass isn't hard.
    No one is saying you tell the person who left their keys in the truck they are a dumbass. However, when discussing it amongst friends there is nothing wrong with pointing out that it was a dumbass thing to do.

When you do stupid things, stupid things tend to happen to you.

Comment

• In the situations Cle has been in, I would have different responses if it happened to my children vs my friends, vs colleagues or acquaintances.

A very intelligent friend of mine, way back in 2015, called online dialogue a reactionary response. Per his take, we say things anonymously on line that we wouldn't say in person, and we attribute motive where there is none. He believed it had to do with the lack of humanity when a face-to-face encounter was generally assumed to be forever absent.

Interesting thought.
      Last edited by wufan; September 13, 2017, 05:32 PM.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        The reaction to your implication is a symptom of our current society and inability to engage in civil discourse.

We can no longer point out the finer aspects of a remotely emotional topic and discuss it's merits. It's either all or none. 100% or 0%. It's emotion over logic and reason.
        Ignoring the posts that followed this one, I'm not sure where this came from regarding RMS. Most discussions of "opposing opinions" start far apart with somewhat off the cuff remarks by both sides. RMS and mine did anyway, however, RMS was more than willing to have what I viewed as "civil discourse".

We not only came to some common ground in some of our viewpoints, but I feel we both now better understand, and respect, the others view.

Just wanted to let RMS know I appreciated our discussion, more than trying to jump on your post Royal.

By the way, your an idiot pin for leaving your keys in it. :playful:

Comment

• CLE IS A BADASS, if you disagree you're going straight to HELL!
          Of course, I don't mean that in a bad way....
          Last edited by shoxilla; September 14, 2017, 03:54 AM.
          For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
          - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            Ignoring the posts that followed this one, I'm not sure where this came from regarding RMS. Most discussions of "opposing opinions" start far apart with somewhat off the cuff remarks by both sides. RMS and mine did anyway, however, RMS was more than willing to have what I viewed as "civil discourse".

We not only came to some common ground in some of our viewpoints, but I feel we both now better understand, and respect, the others view.

Just wanted to let RMS know I appreciated our discussion, more than trying to jump on your post Royal.

Thanks ST. I feel the same--you consistently bring an open mind to these kinds of discussions and you're willing to hear others out and explain your position. I always respect your opinions and your ability to have a meaningful debate on matters in which we disagree.

I realize I'm the buffoon who devolved this thread into a quasi political debate. A thread dedicated to the continuing professional career of a Shocker great does not deserve to be derailed like this, so I apologize and I'll refrain from continued participation in the tangent this thread has taken.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• nm

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                Somebody stole my truck. I left the keys in it.
                Blame it on the keys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kochaddict View Post
                  Blame it on the keys.
                  Racist
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I was just pointing out that there were already accusations of victim blaming, and that as a society we can no longer discuss how individual actions or decisions contribute to outcomes.

Comment

• Cle back with the Santa Cruz Warriors in what is now the "G" League. Not to be confused with the "G" spot. Eight points in 23 minutes in an opening game victory.

Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• I'm sure there is no confusion by some people.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                          X