Cleanthony Early to the New York Knicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleanthony Early to the New York Knicks

Put all your Cleanthony Early/Knicks comments and links in this thread.

Here's a start.

Early came late for the Knicks. The Knicks selected small forward Cleanthony Early, an upstate Middletown product, with the 34th pick of the draft. Early, who starred at Wichita State, was projecte…
    Last edited by 1979Shocker; December 22, 2016, 01:37 PM.

Here's the video for anyone who missed it
    Former Wichita State Shocker Cleanthony Early selected in the 2014 NBA Draft by the New York Knicks.

Comment

Something about the Knicks trading for this pick and being Phil Jackson's first pick as President of the organization gives me warm fuzzies.... go get 'em Cle!

Comment

Guess I'm a Knicks fan. I said the same thing for Murry but 2 minutes every other game was hard to get behind.
        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

The lack of financial security straight out of the draft is disappointing (1st round would have been nice), but Cle will have every chance to earn a spot, and playing time, for an NBA team in his home state. That's hard not to be excited about.

Comment

Serious respect from a legion of Kentucky fans. (check out our rivals board). Could he be the steal of the draft? We'll see. Do love me some Shockers. The winner of our game was gonna' be in the NC title game. Sorry we sucked against UCONN. Best of luck in your coming season. Go Cats and Shockers.

Comment

Originally posted by katsure View Post
              Serious respect from a legion of Kentucky fans. (check out our rivals board). Could he be the steal of the draft? We'll see. Do love me some Shockers. The winner of our game was gonna' be in the NC title game. Sorry we sucked against UCONN. Best of luck in your coming season. Go Cats and Shockers.
              yep. he will thrive. and if the shockers could have somehow gotten past uk, louisvile would have fallen to wichita state, no doubt.. possibly a blowout. check marshall's record on rematches after a loss. this is why we expect a national championship, after the last two years of heartbreak. uk and wsu will be 1 and 1a next year. major dunkathon+defense coming up from the wu. you heard it here first. 'time to put the mid-major lie, where wichita state is concerned, to bed.

like I said before, my favorite wildcat is dan issel.

Comment

Was a frosh, Dans' senior year. All time scoring leader...still to this day at UK. Class personified, he has a horse operation near Lexington where he resides.

Comment

A burning question I have had for over 40 years is how did Dave Cowens get out of the state of Kentucky for college and did Issel have anything to do with that decision?

Comment

What's going to be great is when the Knicks draft Baker next year. Baker is going to blow up this year (20 ppg 5 rpg 4 apg 1.5 spg) and will skip his senior year. The Knicks also are going to resign Murry. So the starting 2015 Knicks backcourt will be baker, Murry, early.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                      What's going to be great is when the Knicks draft Baker next year. Baker is going to blow up this year (20 ppg 5 rpg 4 apg 1.5 spg) and will skip his senior year. The Knicks also are going to resign Murry. So the starting 2015 Knicks backcourt will be baker, Murry, early.
                      Seriously doubt the Knicks resign Murry. And it had nothing to do with his skill level.
                      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                        Seriously doubt the Knicks resign Murry. And it had nothing to do with his skill level.
                        Fischer has said he really like Murry, so you never know

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                          Fischer has said he really like Murry, so you never know
                          They may like him, but with the amount of guards they have on contract, I will be surprised. But it would be a blast to see Cle and Murry together.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                            They may like him, but with the amount of guards they have on contract, I will be surprised. But it would be a blast to see Cle and Murry together.
                            Maybe Murry's ceiling is still TBD and, with experience, he will begin to take roster spots from people we wouldn't expect.

In other words, maybe he's getting increasingly better and will elevate his status.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                              Maybe Murry's ceiling is still TBD and, with experience, he will begin to take roster spots from people we wouldn't expect.

In other words, maybe he's getting increasingly better and will elevate his status.
                              I don't disagree with this. In fact, many of the guards the Knicks have on contract are very blah. But they would have to be dumping a lot of guys who are on contract. Now how easy or difficult/costly it is to do that I have no idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X