Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baker and FVV throw out first pitch at Royals game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baker and FVV throw out first pitch at Royals game!

That's pretty cool. Shocker day at the K.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Made it to the game. Got a nice hat out of the deal. FVV pitched to WuShock on target, Baker bounced it to Cotton.

Nice idea, but sounds like they've got a day for everyone remotely nearby. MU, KU, KSU, Nebraska, etc

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
      Made it to the game. Got a nice hat out of the deal. FVV pitched to WuShock on target, Baker bounced it to Cotton.

Nice idea, but sounds like they've got a day for everyone remotely nearby. MU, KU, KSU, Nebraska, etc
      Not SWOMO

Comment

Yes, only teams with National reputations. Sorry Bears. :)

Comment

No Creighton either, I don't think. And the Royals AAA team plays there.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
            Not SWOMO
            I believe that we will be having some sort of function at a Sporting KC game. And they are outdrawing the Royals in attendance anyhow. They are a bigger deal locally for all intensive purposes.

We've had similar events at Busch Stadium in the past. Still a cool deal though in any case. Our university has failed massively at promotion for many years.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
              I believe that we will be having some sort of function at a Sporting KC game. And they are outdrawing the Royals in attendance anyhow. They are a bigger deal locally for all intensive purposes.

We've had similar events at Busch Stadium in the past. Still a cool deal though in any case. Our university has failed massively at promotion for many years.
              Sporting Park has a capacity of 18,467. Attendance today at Kauffman Stadium was 21,640. I guess everyone came just to see 3 Wichita State players throw out the first pitch.

FWIW, there was a Creighton University Night with discounted tickets, but the promotion for that game was "Rawlings Gold Glove T-Shirts." The promotion for the game today was "Wichita State Day."

Comment

April Fools Day was a couple months ago
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I believe that we will be having some sort of function at a Sporting KC game.
                  Not sure your basketball team throwing a car wash to raise money in the parking lot of Sporting Park is the caliber of "some sort of function" that the other posters are talkin' 'bout. But I'll donate a fiver if they do a good job of polishing my headlights.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Friday night is Diehard night at the ballpark. Anyone actually alive when SWOMO was relevant gets a free admission to the ballgame.

Comment

These are all pretty cold and heartless but they are damn funny.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        These are all pretty cold and heartless but they are damn funny.

There you go bringing Cold into the conversation.

Comment

I gotta find one of those hats.

Comment

I believe that we will be having some sort of function at a Sporting KC game. And they are outdrawing the Royals in attendance anyhow. They are a bigger deal locally for all INTENTS AND purposes.

FYP. In one sense at least.
                            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

They are a bigger deal locally for all intensive purposes.
                              Sorry. But just what in the hell does "intensive purposes" mean?
                              "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Working...
                              X