Embarrassed to be a Shocker Fan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrshock
    EMC, I challenge you to sit through every game at in St. Louis and then tell me that the others schools fans are all "angels".
    Actually, EMC, myself and numerous other posters on this board...I won't mention names...go to St. Louis every year and normally sit through a good portion of the games. We've been doing that since well before the 1000's of Shocker fans started showing up recently, which I must say I really enjoy! Yes, other fans of other schools are loud and boo the refs, especially at the MVC tourney and there's a reason for that. For most teams this is their last game, if their team is going to make the post season they must win.

I can tell you I booed, yelled, screemed and cheered much louder and harder in Greensboro 2 years ago than I do in a regular season game.

I think EMC's point is that we boo, cry and complain a lot EVERY GAME (and after) and he probably does have a point, we do. We're having a down year, which everyone should have expected.

In the last 2 years or so EMC has probably been to 8 - 10 different major arenas for college basketball...a few of those WSU were playing, the rest were other teams (I won't mention names ;-) ) Most of you who are arguing with him probably have never left the state of Kansas, or the city of Wichita for that matter. Watching it on TV and actually being there are 2 different things. I'm not 100% agreeing with everything he has to say, but it not like he's just pulling stuff out his a$$...

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
      I can attest that while it does seem out of control sometimes, Koch compares equally to Bramlage, Allen, Gallagher-Iba, Hammons, McArthur, Noble, Hinkle, Erwin, and the Ferrell Center.
      These are the places I've actually been in the past 4 years to watch a college basketball game. Some heated (KU-KSU at Bramlage), some not (KU vs. Oral Roberts in Allen). If you think our students and fans are rowdy, try going to a game at McArthur Court in Eugene, OR. If Oregon State is in town, it is HATRED. Not rivalry. You could catch a glimpse of it when Kevin Love played there. They were not nice, and went way across what I think is the line in supporting your team without being an @ $ $.

I respect EMC's, Cold's, 1972Shocker, WuDrWu, and the others that have supported the program for years. The foundation of the programs fan support was laid by them. I hate that Koch became so corporate, and that the diehard fans were moved from seats they had for years, so others jumping on board with "Corporate Money" could take over those seats.

I am more upset by the fans that complain about booing the referees, especially when they rarely even CHEER THIER OWN TEAM!!

And on booing the referees,and maybe SubGod22 and ShockRef can testify whether they feel the same way, I was told by an experienced official (Big 12, MVC, and other high quality college basketball games) that if you don't get boo'd by the home team fans at least once, you weren't doing a very good job. That the boo's don't mean they disagree, it just means they really really wanted you to miss it.

Comment

Working...
      X